SOTSNF Fearless Leader

I wanted to give a shout-out to Robert, a new member to DBA who also served as our sweep rider on our two-day, dual sport ride supporting the Stewards of The Sierra National Forest. The ride staged out of the Elks lodge in Oakhurst.

CDA, CDA Jr, KTMRack, and a few other screen names I forget, joined this 2 day event to help support their efforts. We have all been riding for a fair amount of time and have what you would consider modern bikes. As we're getting ready to take off, this guy comes rolling up and says his buddies all baled on the ride at the last minute and can be join us. CDA being ever the gentleman (I use that term loosely as I hear he is) says sure. I look over and this guy is on an XT250 with both mirrors sticking straight up and a big bag strapped to the back fender. :thinking: I thought, this is gonna be interesting.....

Long story short, Robert did all the trails we did, took all the "hard" routes we did when given the choice. Utterly amazed at how it plowed right on through the day. Running sweep, you don't get much of a break. He would show up, give a thumbs up and we would be off. We all had such a great ride we invited him back for day 2 and he continued to amaze. :thumb:

This was back on 7/14-7/15. Fast forward to today, I met him in Pismo and sold him my TW 200 that my wife just doesn't ride any more. And he's interested in the CRF150F I need to sell to get my son a bigger bike.

So, that's the story of our fearless leader who ran sweep. Welcome to DBA Robert. It was a pleasure riding with you and I hope we get to do it again soon. :ride:

:thumb: My nice guy came out too quick and I told Jr after I said yes, that is was going to be interesting. Turned out to be an awesome 2 days with him riding with us.

Welcome XT250jake

Cool story bro, how about another?
Well, he lives on a 500 acre ranch up by where the ride took us. We came out onto a slab section to go to lunch and at an intersection, he made a right turn and took one of our riders with him to help tighten up his handle bar clamps. His ranch was only 1 mile away. Don't recall the name of the town we were in, maybe Rack would know, it's in his neck of the woods. He is renting the place and works the cattle twice a year when they need tending to.

Being the ever gracious host, we SOTSNF "Team" have an open invitation to come up and bring the trailers and stage from their. Or for my family to come up and just stay in his toy hauler where he keeps it on a pad. Robert is one of those truely genuinely nice people. What would seem to some people as "going out of his way" to him it seems 2nd nature. :thumb: :thumb:

Well, he lives on a 500 acre ranch up by where the ride took us. We came out onto a slab section to go to lunch and at an intersection, he made a right turn and took one of our riders with him to help tighten up his handle bar clamps. His ranch was only 1 mile away. Don't recall the name of the town we were in, maybe Rack would know, it's in his neck of the woods. He is renting the place and works the cattle twice a year when they need tending to.

Being the ever gracious host, we SOTSNF "Team" have an open invitation to come up and bring the trailers and stage from their. Or for my family to come up and just stay in his toy hauler where he keeps it on a pad. Robert is one of those truely genuinely nice people. What would seem to some people as "going out of his way" to him it seems 2nd nature. :thumb: :thumb:

Oh sweet! Bummer I missed out on that ride!!!
So, about that second nature thing. Kind of reminds me of you and me being an ASS, Timo being an ASS HOLE, and Rack being a DICK! We may have that second nature thing once in a while to just screw around, but "WE" are genuinely "Nice People"! Some people just can't handle it. Like the PM. :smirk:
Cool beans, got any more lovely stories to add?

Oh sweet! Bummer I missed out on that ride!!!
So, about that second nature thing. Kind of reminds me of you and me being an ASS, Timo being an ASS HOLE, and Rack being a DICK! We may have that second nature thing once in a while to just screw around, but "WE" are genuinely "Nice People"! Some people just can't handle it. Like the PM. :smirk:
Cool beans, got any more lovely stories to add?
I don't know about you Mr. Palmer, but I am, by 1st and 2nd nature, genuinely a nice guy. It's when I interact with people who aren't that my 3rd nature personality shines. Read into that what you want ASS. :smirk:

I don't know about you Mr. Palmer, but I am, by 1st and 2nd nature, genuinely a nice guy. It's when I interact with people who aren't that my 3rd nature personality shines. Read into that what you want ASS. :smirk:

Tired of reading into what people type. As it is, I find humor in most things, it's the silent bitches that make me think different. Some people you just can't like no matter what. You are who you are, 1, 2, 3, 4, personality. Nothing deeper than that! Have a relaxing time in Pismo!!!

Tired of reading into what people type. As it is, I find humor in most things, it's the silent bitches that make me think different. Some people you just can't like no matter what. You are who you are, 1, 2, 3, 4, personality. Nothing deeper than that! Have a relaxing time in Pismo!!!
:thumb: :wave:

No one can figure me out...:moon: