some LPNF Vids

They are Garmin source files. Used with Garmin's Basecamp program. I have the 24K Topo West addon, which displays the trails. additionally from basecamp, you could view in Google earth and save as KML files. what's nice about this is when you review your track, you could see where you might want to try next time.

They are Garmin source files. Used with Garmin's Basecamp program. I have the 24K Topo West addon, which displays the trails. additionally from basecamp, you could view in Google earth and save as KML files. what's nice about this is when you review your track, you could see where you might want to try next time.

ever think of using everytrail.com? you can use those file types there and either leave em public or make em private so only friends can see. they can then DL the file type to their GPS device as well.

it even has cool phone apps for people like me :P

I saw these cables before where the forest service or someone was performing trail~tree maintenance. It's quite possible a supporting tree fell giving slack across the trail. Ed was somewhat lucky because he was standing up. Even though he took a dirt nap, he wasn't hurt. You never know, if he was sitting down it could of gotton him neck high or missed him completely. It cut his Jersey at the elbow.

Do I need to pack cable cutter, a saw, and a shovel when riding???

Cut that cable at each end so it will have no possibility of ever interfering with a rider again. There should never be a case where a cable shold be placed to cross a trail. That almost reaches the level of an Earth First booby trap.

Cut that cable at each end so it will have no possibility of ever interfering with a rider again. There should never be a case where a cable shold be placed to cross a trail. That almost reaches the level of an Earth First booby trap.

We didn't have a saw of cable cutters with us, and it was a thick steel cable. a guy wire of sorts. a 1/4 inch or so

ever think of using everytrail.com? you can use those file types there and either leave em public or make em private so only friends can see. they can then DL the file type to their GPS device as well.

it even has cool phone apps for people like me :P

I have used this one travace http://www.gpsxchange.com. Beware countdown from TT will school you if you post illegal tracks

I don't like to just post tracks for every one to see. I think they should at least be on a forum like this one first:thumb: Then ask the track maker for there files. They can PM them to you like Msgtretired did for me:thumb:

Thank you Msgretired Look for me to invite myself after oct 1:rant:

I saw these cables before where the forest service or someone was performing trail~tree maintenance. It's quite possible a supporting tree fell giving slack across the trail. Ed was somewhat lucky because he was standing up. Even though he took a dirt nap, he wasn't hurt. You never know, if he was sitting down it could of gotton him neck high or missed him completely. It cut his Jersey at the elbow.

Do I need to pack cable cutter, a saw, and a shovel when riding???

I'd consider reporting it.......