SoCal Presidents Day Get Together

Good times, good people, weather started out fantastic, downgraded to some windy conditions, but still a lot of fun.
I got there early Friday morning, already most of the good spots were taken, luckily Camp B was empty. Parked the truck and staked our claim. The early morning chill quickly gave way to warm weather.

2-18-3.jpg

Cal City is doing some road and trail improvements, a freshly graded trail into camp awaited the group.

2-18-1.jpg

Fighter jets from Edwards A.F.B. were buzzing the area, too fast for me to get a photo, but this 747 was doing circles all morning. A lot lower than it looks in the photo, had "GE Engines" painted to the fuselage, guessing a test plane for General Electric.

2-18-2.jpg

Riders started showing up, First WeatherGeek, then Fireman John and his son.

2-18-4.jpg

2-18-5.jpg

After getting camp set up a few of us decided to get a loop in before dinner.

2-18-6.jpg

2-18-7.jpg

2-18-8.jpg

2-18-9.jpg

2-18-10.jpg

2-18-11.jpg

2-18-12.jpg

2-18-13.jpg

We got back to camp after sundown, more people had arrived. The bikes were parked, the BBQ's were fired up, the beer and tequila flowed until well after midnight. I don't remember much, not sure if that's good or bad....

Next morning, we were a little slow in getting the group rides going.

2-18-14.jpg

Our group decided to head east, then south. After a high speed run across the flatlands, we got to Fremont peak. A little hillclimb action at the top before hitting miles and miles of #@&% whoops.

2-18-15.jpg

Rode to The Buttes, the weather was still good, but a breeze started for the first time.

2-18-16.jpg

2-18-17.jpg

From there we went to get some fuel, then across the road for some burgers.

2-18-18.jpg

The rest and good food recharged us, plans to take the easy way back to camp were scrapped.
Next stop was the prison.

2-18-19.jpg

2-18-20.jpg

XR Marty posing in front of the door you don't want to enter.......

2-18-21.jpg

Decided to leave that place for more dirt fun, buzzed around, finally ended up at the bunker, which someone had painted pink. The desert can be a weird place sometimes.

2-18-22.jpg

It was about this time that the weather started getting cool, and the nice breeze was turning into full on winds. Grabbed some singletrack and dirt roads back to camp, it was Miller time.

The sky started to look mean, we were wondering if some rain might happen, never did.

2-18-23.jpg

The inside of a warm RV is a beautiful thing in times like this. We ate drank, watched some Arenacross on TV.
Weathergeeks dogs were happy to be out in the dez.

2-18-32.jpg

Next morning was still cool and windy.

2-18-29.jpg

2-18-24.jpg

2-18-25.jpg

2-18-26.jpg

2-18-31.jpg

Old school rules

2-18-27.jpg

2-18-28.jpg

Fun looking ride

2-18-30.jpg

That was it for me, back to work Monday, I hope the weather cleared a bit so everyone could still get some rides in and have a fun Sunday evening. I am sure more photos will be posted when the rest get back.
Thanks to all for the great hospitality, the Geekster for letting me crash in his RV, and hello to all the new people I met out there. It was great, can't wait to do it again.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Awesome ride report!!!:thumb: Looks like a great time out in the desert! Hope the traction was massive.

On another note, that is a 747-400 with the #2 pylon modified to test the new nextgen engine from GE. Right now it is a 747-8 engine. The funniest part is that GE is running Pratt&Whitney jt9s instead of their own cf6s on that plane.

Good pictures again Agent. I forgot the camera this trip so I got no pictures of this event and I was not sure anyone did until I saw this thread. We had a good ride Sunday going over to the Football Field to visit some of Geeks friends and then up to Prospectors to visit CDA and his gang and a stop over at the White House saloon in Randsburg. The weather got chilly but the wind was at it's worst Sat. night and no wind Sunday night. :thumb:

Good pictures again Agent. I forgot the camera this trip so I got no pictures of this event and I was not sure anyone did until I saw this thread. We had a good ride Sunday going over to the Football Field to visit some of Geeks friends and then up to Prospectors to visit CDA and his gang and a stop over at the White House saloon in Randsburg. The weather got chilly but the wind was at it's worst Sat. night and no wind Sunday night. :thumb:
:thumb: Good to see you guys swing by.
It definitely was a good time Ricky. Great pics, great friends and the dez. What could be better? :thumb:
Riding with me...:smirk:

That looks like a fun trip. Good to see everyone out having fun and no injuries. Love the old bike:drool:Geek, did you get a new dog? Last I knew, you had a dog that passed on (a while back,) now I see two again. So cute!!

Good reporting and pics. Thanks for sharing my kind of fun. Makes me want to head out to the desert now!

That looks like a fun trip. Good to see everyone out having fun and no injuries. Love the old bike:drool:Geek, did you get a new dog? Last I knew, you had a dog that passed on (a while back,) now I see two again. So cute!!

Good reporting and pics. Thanks for sharing my kind of fun. Makes me want to head out to the desert now!
Then why don't you join us sometime when we go out there? I thought about you when we rode past the Cottage Inn in Randsburg. Isn't that the place you stayed a few weeks ago?

Sure did. Theo needed a partner. :thumb:

Then why don't you join us sometime when we go out there? I thought about you when we rode past the Cottage Inn in Randsburg. Isn't that the place you stayed a few weeks ago?

I will join you for sure some day, I plan on it. Right now I need new tires and tubes since the Hammer event. I have a 21" stuffed on the rear right now. I dont want to run far on it. I was going to pick up some tires and tubes but, instead Im waiting so I can pick some up at a good price from a friend. In the mean time I have taken my seat off and sent it to Washington to another friend who insists on making a new custom seat for me:noidea: I also have a part (gasket) I need to pick up and swap out. I have a minor leak. So it is back to parked mode for a couple of weeks. My fingers are crossed that I get the seat back soon. Im going nuts already just knowing I cant ride if I wanted to. Maybe :idea: I outta just ride it without the seat, it would just make me a better rider anyways. Yes, The Cottage Inn is where we stayed. I highly recommend it:thumb: Great hospitality, jacuzzzi, food etc... And the best part is the owner is rider and "gets it."

Sure did. Theo needed a partner. :thumb:

Awww...so glad. They look like they belong together. What a pair of cute sausage dogs they are:thumb: