so... thats how it is

I guess people are more 2 faced in this world than i thought.

In April my friend's dad bought me a bike with an expectation that i would repay him... and i was. So today my "friend" messages me and tells me he has some bad news... he told me the '96 RM250 which I have taken care of and bought parts for since April is no longer mine. :foul:

My "friend" was riding an 87 YZ250, and well, it had it's problems here and there, none of them TOO severe like exploding top end... So my friend's dad i guess just all of a sudden decided to "retire" the yz. But from what i am told he decided to retire that bike because HE lost... get this... 40 dollars in jets and needles.

So... as of right now... I have no bike... and no hope of getting a bike any time in the next 4-6 years :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

EDIT: THE BEST PART!! the bike i previously called my own is now my "friends" bike... he's gonna be riding it now instead of me... some friend he turned out to be

how much money have you put into this bike and was it stuff that was wear and tear on your part? if it wasnt wear and tear on your part i would ask said friends dad for reimbursement.

Maybe you could ask the dad that if you do the jets and needles on the 87 if you could use that bike and eventually pay him for it?

Also... why is it you can not get a job and make some money to buy a used bike off craigs list or something similar? I know in chat you said you have no experience and its nearly impossible to get a job in your area without any but you need to try. Go out and sell yourself as a hard worker and a quick learner. Trust me on this one i ended up in construction in my 20's way behind because i wasnt a go getter as a teen. The longer you wait in life to get experience the harder it is to get. Also you might just have to swallow some pride and take a shitty job till you get done with school if thats what you are going after.

just my 2 cents anyway... as a DBA myself i know how much this stings right now but if you can do something and get yourself your own ride, the ride will be that much better cause you know you earned it.

that's my problem, at this point there aren't even jobs out there that you can swallow your pride and take... I live 25 minutes from Elkhart indiana... the place where ALL of those RV places that closed are at... so thats like 4000+ people laid off all at once, so even finding a completely shitty job, like working at mcdonalds is difficult, and I do sell myself... i apply to places call a week later to see if they have reviewed my app, some say yes and i dont fit any open positions, and others say no, but they have such a big pile of apps it could be weeks before they get to mine, i even go in and talk to the hiring managers, without them calling me back... the job market here is TOTALLY fucked

James

Staff member
:wow: That really sucks, not sure what to tell you. From what you were saying in the chat it really wasn't your bike, he was more "loaning" it to you and then someday you buy it from him. In which cause I'd say get a job and buy your own, that way it's yours. Yes the job market is crap around here (I'm thinking at one time it was in the top 5 worst counties in the US :bonk:), but that doesn't mean something isn't open. I think out of the 10 jobs I've had there was only ONE where I got hired from an application. (not that I didn't try) The rest were by referrals from friends, family, and past co-workers. So start asking EVERYBODY you know if they know of a place, you might be surprised at what you find. Or grab a phone book and start calling small businesses. For example: landscaping/lawn mowing, cleaning services, courier/delivery; basically stuff that won't require past "job experience"

My .02's :blah:

oh haha... funny thing about delivery jobs... at most places you have to be 21 and have your own car, and ill call some lawncare places and see if they need anyone

Not to be a dick - but suck it up dude. It sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal having someone let you ride / use / thrash their bike for awhile. Unless you poured tons of $$ into it, I'd offset the $ you did put into it with the wear & tear.

If you really need a job, join a Civilian Conservation Corp, the Military, etc... while you're young enough to do it and don't have a family to support & mortgage to pay.

There's a lot of people on this board that would kill to be 18 again :thumb:

Yep i'm with Neversurfaced sounds like someone gave you a bike to use and you only had to pay 50-75 bucks to ride it for three months. That guy sounds kinda cool buying a bike for you to even just use or what ever, if you where going to pay him back for it 50-75 bucks in three months would not cut it if it where me. i never had anyone buy me a bike when i was a kid i had to buy my first bike for 300 bucks when i was like 12 or something, saved up all my allowance for a long time to get that bike and someone stold it cuz i didn't have a garage and only had it chained up in front of my appartment. I think you need to get a job and get your own bike and quite :cry: ing. to put it bluntly:shocked:

I wouldnt say a thing or have an attitude to anyone over this. Just store it away in your memory banks and there may come a time when this will be useful to you in some way. It may be the best small amount of money you ever spent to learn the way things work with this friend. You did get to use a bike for a while. It has been said that if you loan a friend $20 and you never see him again, it was the best $20 you ever spent. That can work for you with them or it can work them with you if you go sideways on them over this.

ah young skywalker... a lot to learn yet you have... ok, now that that's out of my system i gotta agree with the guys above... dude seriously if you think that was a prick job you better just stop having 'friends' and going around people at all... i have so many so called friends that it's not even funny. i got one dude that i think i can trust, that's sad. i thought maybe it was my area but i'm not so sure... i think there's just a lot of shitty people out there in this world :noidea:

Yea NH listen to the posts above... same thing i was saying in the chat basically. You were lucky as hell to even get that bike for the 3 months. So dont go burning your bridges with this guy cause you never know he might even hook ya up in the future.

Hawk,
Just be glad you discovered the sport while your still young! This gives you the rest of your life to work towards the things you want out of it. I on the other hand was 38 years old before I ever rode a dirt bike! I feel:rant: jipped! Nawww....everything happens for a reason, even your bike loss believe it or not! This is only a moment in your life.

Besides...there is always good deals out there on used bikes. Recreational toys are some of the first things sold when in need of cash! Save your money and keep your eye out for good deals, there will always be deals if you keep an eye out! In fact call and see if you can trade work for it, you never know! Sometimes they just want them out of their garage. It just depends the person and situation. Good luck and keep your spirits up:thumb:

I guess people are more 2 faced in this world than i thought.

In April my friend's dad bought me a bike with an expectation that i would repay him... and i was. So today my "friend" messages me and tells me he has some bad news... he told me the '96 RM250 which I have taken care of and bought parts for since April is no longer mine. :foul:

My "friend" was riding an 87 YZ250, and well, it had it's problems here and there, none of them TOO severe like exploding top end... So my friend's dad i guess just all of a sudden decided to "retire" the yz. But from what i am told he decided to retire that bike because HE lost... get this... 40 dollars in jets and needles.

So... as of right now... I have no bike... and no hope of getting a bike any time in the next 4-6 years :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

EDIT: THE BEST PART!! the bike i previously called my own is now my "friends" bike... he's gonna be riding it now instead of me... some friend he turned out to be
Dude if you can take anything from this, you should be thanking his dad for giving you the bike for the short time and exposing you to this sport. If you claim you cannot get a bike for 4-6 years (***BS***) and you never had this opportunity now, you might not be riding then. I did a quick scan of the Indianapolis area on Craig List and found a crap load of 2 stroke 250's from the late 90's to early 00's for $1500 or less. Check this one out. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1839205453.html it is newer than the one you currently had and looks pretty clean. He is asking $1050 and I bet if you walk up to him with $800 cash, it would be in your garage.

Not to be an ass, but since I'm a dad and that is our job, you can scrape up $800 dollars pretty quick. Short Story; My friends 15 year old daughter rides a quad (I know they suck) and I have a TTR125 that last time we were out I let her ride it once!!!! She end up riding it everyday for the 5 days we were out there. She wants one so bad now. Her Dad said to save your money for next season so she could buy one. She started washing cars in the neighborhood and collecting cans for recycling. That was in April when she rode and she now has almost $1000 from doing odds and ins around her house and neighbors and the recycle.

So if you want to ride bad enough then you will find a way to scrap up some dough. Sounds like you had money to dump into the bike before so where did that come from?

Dad rant over.....Back to the lawn chair

Dude if you can take anything from this, you should be thanking his dad for giving you the bike for the short time and exposing you to this sport. If you claim you cannot get a bike for 4-6 years (***BS***) and you never had this opportunity now, you might not be riding then. I did a quick scan of the Indianapolis area on Craig List and found a crap load of 2 stroke 250's from the late 90's to early 00's for $1500 or less. Check this one out. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1839205453.html it is newer than the one you currently had and looks pretty clean. He is asking $1050 and I bet if you walk up to him with $800 cash, it would be in your garage.

Not to be an ass, but since I'm a dad and that is our job, you can scrape up $800 dollars pretty quick. Short Story; My friends 15 year old daughter rides a quad (I know they suck) and I have a TTR125 that last time we were out I let her ride it once!!!! She end up riding it everyday for the 5 days we were out there. She wants one so bad now. Her Dad said to save your money for next season so she could buy one. She started washing cars in the neighborhood and collecting cans for recycling. That was in April when she rode and she now has almost $1000 from doing odds and ins around her house and neighbors and the recycle.

So if you want to ride bad enough then you will find a way to scrap up some dough. Sounds like you had money to dump into the bike before so where did that come from?

Dad rant over.....Back to the lawn chair

Damn, there is where that lawn chair went. My wife has been looking for it for a few weeks now.

Damn, there is where that lawn chair went. My wife has been looking for it for a few weeks now.
:lol: Yeap and I am leaving it here in Chicago so I can sit in it next week as well. You will just need to buy your wife a new chair...:moon: