All slash x 1/23

Taking my son out to break in the new top end, easy day at stoddard this coming sunday....anyone want to meet for a beer at the x?

I was trying to get out there myself but the wife is asking for a ride to church, she is having trouble driving lately. :foul:
I tell her I would rather be out riding and thanking God for a wonderful place to ride than siting in Church thinking of a wonderful place to ride. :prof:
So, I am still up in the air on this Sunday. :cry:

Were are you going to stage and what time? :thinking:

Did you hook her up with a taxi driver?
What's that first exit, outlet center? We usually go up to the curve, across from the diggings? 3 heat cycles @ 15 minutes each then off for a burger and beer. Stage around 9am, X around 1pm? You still have my #?

1) Nope.
2,3) We stage off of Dale Evans and drive down to Stoddard Wells, turn left and in about 4 miles. (Just past the cart track.)
4) Thats about the time we get there as well.
5) Yep, you are programed in my brother.

You can get there off of Dale Evans, but the off ramp that goes right into it is Hodge Road. Outlet Center, with all the stores and food stops is the last one heading North.

Edit: Damn you Palmer. :foul: Beat me by 1 minute.:moon:

Look for Rolls while you're out there. Him and his buddy from work will be arriving late for a short 70 mile loop today. Sure wish I was going. :foul:

1) Nope.
2,3) We stage off of Dale Evans and drive down to Stoddard Wells, turn left and in about 4 miles. (Just past the cart track.)
4) Thats about the time we get there as well.
5) Yep, you are programed in my brother.

If I don't get off my lazy butt this morning I might want to go with you guys. For some reason I thought this ride was today and I knew I couldn't get up early enough this morning. So how many miles will this be ? I've never been.:thumb:

If I don't get off my lazy butt this morning I might want to go with you guys. For some reason I thought this ride was today and I knew I couldn't get up early enough this morning. So how many miles will this be ? I've never been.:thumb:

Low miles for me, breaking in a new top end for my son and the lady is coming too. Sierra Nevada on tap.

We usually do about 40 to 60 depending on were, what we would like to investigate. I would say since Baja and Son have two strokes depends on the miles they can muster out of a tank. You can do fast, slow, long, short loops out there that make for a day or half day of fun. I don't care one way or the other, I just like to ride. I will be bringing my two boys.

There you have it! Low mile ride for Baja and family. I'll try and get my daughter to join.

:thinking: You have me thinking as long as it wasn't just a ride to the bar. :smirk: The races at Jv never really bother us staging from boone rd. Is there food at slashx. I'll have to do some homework on where your staging so ifs I's come I won't be late.

So then I will repeat it, 15 frwy north to Dale Evans, turn right (south), take that down past the Juvenile Penitentiary to Stoddard Wells, turn left (east), take that down just about 4 miles. On the left side you will see two poles sticking up next to the road and a big mountain/hill, on the right you will see a small hill with trails all over it. The significance of the two poles is this: the first time I ever road there I had staged about 100 yards before those poles, Mr. LEO came (code enforcement) along and told me if I didn't own the property I was on he could give me a ticket of 450.00 a bike, I counted the bikes at seven of us and said, "ok, were do I stage?" LEO said "you have to drive up the road about a mile to a sign on the left", me, "what does the sign read, OHV area starts here?" LEO said, "no, the sign does not have anything on it". Me, "wow, that really tells us all where we can ride now doesn't it?" Leo, "well, that is where you have to be past to ride legal." So, now that I repeated that stupid story, get your ass to the area by 900/915. Number shall be PMed in a moment, call me in the morning on your way out.

We usually do about 40 to 60 depending on were, what we would like to investigate. I would say since Baja and Son have two strokes depends on the miles they can muster out of a tank. You can do fast, slow, long, short loops out there that make for a day or half day of fun. I don't care one way or the other, I just like to ride. I will be bringing my two boys.

There you have it! Low mile ride for Baja and family. I'll try and get my daughter to join.

:thumb: SOund like a great family outing with the boys!!!!!!!!! :thumb: Wish i was a bit closer to you guys.

:thinking: You have me thinking as long as it wasn't just a ride to the bar. :smirk: The races at Jv never really bother us staging from boone rd. Is there food at slashx. I'll have to do some homework on where your staging so ifs I's come I won't be late.

Yes, there is food at the /X. Their burgers are excellent.

I rode Stoddard Valley today and it was an absolutly beautiful day out there. However, there is one warning that I should pass on: Watch out for the wash outs!! Recent rains have left some very deep and wide ruts. Trails that were familiar are now cut by unexpected ruts. Especially look out when riding off trail. The terrain might look smooth and wide open and good for fast riding, but then you round a bush and find a mini-Grand Canyon in your path.:eek: