Show us your boats :)

Hewescraft Pacific

hewescraftpacific.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Anna78/hewescraftpacific.jpg

Nice boat for Puget Sound

nice looking boats ...everyone...

I cant wait till i get to get my boat out for the first time :wink:.... ill prolly mess in my pants to hear that real 2 stroke fire up

nice looking boats ...everyone...

I cant wait till i get to get my boat out for the first time :wink:.... ill prolly mess in my pants to hear that real 2 stroke fire up
I had a Mercury 150 Black Max on the first boat I ever owned (3 years ago). LOVED that boat!! It was a 1980 Tahaiti flat bottom. Rebuilt the engine, pistons, rings, reeds, aftermarket exhaust, (yes they are out there)new paint, carbs (3) rebuilt, jetted, and it screamed!! Put a jacking plate on the last summer we owned it. Good wake, good manners. Only problem was if there were three waves in a row it would go over the first, through the second, and sink on the third! And god help you if you chopped the throttle, water would POUR in over the transom.
If you read my posts, I love 2 strokes!:thumb:River1 009.jpg

haha ... ya i am going to do exhaust mod next winter hopefully... and rejet...and reds.. ive got good comp on all cylinders so hopefully im good there :D...lol ...i love merc outboats...

thats a good looking boat there also

haha ... ya i am going to do exhaust mod next winter hopefully... and rejet...and reds.. ive got good comp on all cylinders so hopefully im good there :D...lol ...i love merc outboats...

thats a good looking boat there also

Yep Mercury OB's rock. I wanted to do the reeds only but since I was in it, it just made sense to do the whole thing. Only thing I had trouble finding was a timing belt. Ended up getting two from someplace out your way. Never needed 'em so they went with the boat.

Yep Mercury OB's rock. I wanted to do the reeds only but since I was in it, it just made sense to do the whole thing. Only thing I had trouble finding was a timing belt. Ended up getting two from someplace out your way. Never needed 'em so they went with the boat.
do you remember what exhaust you used... most people just do a custom mod job... but bobs marine makes a pretty sweet exhaust chamber

Here's the boat I'm getting http://www.classicboat.com/classic-17deluxe-31c-chriscraft.htm always wanted one like it! Kinda rich for my blood right now though...

Hmm... Just saw this http://www.sandypointboatworks.com/Flapper.html maybe I'll attempt building one so I don't have to drop a lot of cash at once... Wonder what the end cost will be though
man you can pick up a boat on craigslist cheap.... the guy wanted 4500 for the boat i bought... i showed up... he ran it up the river... offered him 3000 grand cash and before i got the offer out of my mouth he said ok... we went back to his house and he gave loaded my truck down with extras.....skis tubes ropes ancors...ladders.... i got a pretty sweet deal on mine....

With that being said.... boats are outrageous ... but if you keep the maintence up on them.... and work on your own stuff it aint too bad

man you can pick up a boat on craigslist cheap.... the guy wanted 4500 for the boat i bought... i showed up... he ran it up the river... offered him 3000 grand cash and before i got the offer out of my mouth he said ok... we went back to his house and he gave loaded my truck down with extras.....skis tubes ropes ancors...ladders.... i got a pretty sweet deal on mine....

With that being said.... boats are outrageous ... but if you keep the maintence up on them.... and work on your own stuff it aint too bad

Yeah one of my buddies got a nice jet boat with a 455 olds for $500 one day at the lake... Dude was pissed cause he couldn't get it to run, turns out it just needed the carb cleaned and had fouled 2 plugs... He got a steal on that boat!

I've got a boat already that we use for trolling salmon but I've always wanted a wood boat like those I posted

do you remember what exhaust you used... most people just do a custom mod job... but bobs marine makes a pretty sweet exhaust chamber
Seems it was off Boats.net, Mercury Marine Performace Parts. Bought the parts for about $300 and there was info on doing work on the lower end and thru the prop. Don't really know what it helped cuz I did it all together. It did get a bit louder though. When I finished I had to buy a different prop (s). The damn thing would run right up to 5600 rpm at 3/4 throttle!

Seems it was off Boats.net, Mercury Marine Performace Parts. Bought the parts for about $300 and there was info on doing work on the lower end and thru the prop. Don't really know what it helped cuz I did it all together. It did get a bit louder though. When I finished I had to buy a different prop (s). The damn thing would run right up to 5600 rpm at 3/4 throttle!
haha.. first couple times i took my boat out... i made a few passes damn neer wide open... and it was 6000 rpm.... and made one short run and it got up to 6400....... i thought it was normal.... ask my dad about it... he about shit his pants lol.... i guess the max you ever want to run it is about 5800 and that is borderline explosion lol.....i had to reprop....finally got it to run about 62mph... but i can still wind it to 6000 trimmed out.... so i need a diff prop still

Well ... you heard me... now show them off..

heres my 84 ebbtide 18 foot fish and ski... has a carb'd 150 horse mercury black max....6cylinder 2stroke:P....
boat.jpg

click for video..i think

hey kyle, finally got to watch the vid.....that thing sounds like a swarm of bumble bees.....freakin cool dude