Injured Shoulder X-Ray

I finally saw an x-ray of the repair job to my right shoulder. The crash happened on 12-29-12. Surgery wasn't untill 1-17-13, and I figure that I've got another month before I can go back to work. I don't know when, or even if I'll be riding again. The doc says that arm will be pretty limited in what it will be able to do. I start PT next week and am looking forward to seeing how quickly the progress comes.
P.S. In the lower right of the pic are parts of the rods for the spinal fusion I had in 2011.

Right Shoulder 2013.jpg

I know your pain man, I busted my left collar bone back in 2007 jumping a drainage ditch across the road. I have a plate on my left side. I cant pick my arm straight up, and it will go numb at random. My nerves I guess "fused" is what the doc said with my bone as the fracture line healed. Don't worry, it only hurts when I'm awake :thumb:

I know your pain man, I busted my left collar bone back in 2007 jumping a drainage ditch across the road. I have a plate on my left side. I cant pick my arm straight up, and it will go numb at random. My nerves I guess "fused" is what the doc said with my bone as the fracture line healed. Don't worry, it only hurts when I'm awake :thumb:

:shocked:

Nice looking pin work and Simpson Strong Tie, Home Depots best. Shit, Could you imagine what it would look like if I ran you over too? Sorry about that shit Rolls, Need anything?

Nice looking pin work and Simpson Strong Tie, Home Depots best. Shit, Could you imagine what it would look like if I ran you over too? Sorry about that shit Rolls, Need anything?

An offer straight from the heart.... :D.... :rolleyes:. Take care of yourself Rolls, you're not as young as you once was then again, I don't know if you had the same "issues" back then.... :noidea:

That's about what I said. I wasn't expecting to see that much metal. It looks like the doc stole a spoon from the kitchen and used it on me. :lol:

I could hear bikes coming and was telling myself to get out of the way, but it hurt so much, I couldn't move. All I need is a fresh supply of good luck. Mine seems to have gone bad.

That's too bad about the nerve thing. I have heard before that there are alot of nerves that run along the collar bone.

I could hear bikes coming and was telling myself to get out of the way, but it hurt so much, I couldn't move. All I need is a fresh supply of good luck. Mine seems to have gone bad.

So what you're saying is .... if it weren't for BAD LUCK you wouldn't have any !!!!! :prof:

back in the old days when Saddleback as still open my friend and his brother were riding on a track (small bikes) when the older brother just crested a hill and was hit by a kid goign the wrong way... that knocked him off his bike, dazed and confused and before he could get out fo the way his brother came over the top and ran him over braign his collar bone! Pretty sure he'd have had only minor scrapes and bruises from the head-on (clipped bars and pegs)... his brother added a little salt to the wound or should I say frosting to the cake! :cripple:

An offer straight from the heart.... :D.... :rolleyes:. Take care of yourself Rolls, you're not as young as you once was then again, I don't know if you had the same "issues" back then.... :noidea:

I've always had my fair share of dirt naps but never got injured. I'm also thinking it might be an age-related issue. :foul:
damm rolls :(

Gl with your recovery dude

Thanks, Trav. I need all the luck I can get.:thumb:

Sorry Stevie. Heal fast. If you do ride, you just will have to scale back a bit. Be well.:thumb:

Thanks to you also, WG. What worries me the most is, how far back will I have to scale? :spin:

I've always had my fair share of dirt naps but never got injured. I'm also thinking it might be an age-related issue. :foul:

Thanks to you also, WG. What worries me the most is, how far back will I have to scale? :spin:

OH OH, I know, I know...pick me, pick me..... :ride: ... join me riding drag (sweep to you city folk) on the fireroads.... :lol:

Then ride by and point at something and say to yourself .... man, that would have been fine when I had more talent I mean was younger.

All this is in jest Rolls... I know how you feel, I've reached that level where I CAN refrain from doing something I'll probably regret later. Fun factor.. minimized but the enjoyment of still being to ride (regardless the danger level) is still there. :thumb:

James

Staff member
That's about what I said. I wasn't expecting to see that much metal. It looks like the doc stole a spoon from the kitchen and used it on me. :lol:
Going through airport security should be interesting. :lol:

For some reason it always took me longer to get cleared whenever I went through the x-ray scanner. Other people would step out and be told that they're cleared, while I'd have to stand and wait. They'll probably take you to a backroom... :eek:

:thinking:

:idea:

DSCN0358.JPG