Shifting without the clutch?

There are situations where you have to power shift. There are times, places, and situations where an easy shift is just not an option. I just reserve it for those rare situations where I don't want to get stuck half way up a hill climb.

is there and way of softening the clutch pull on my 95 kx???..without spending big i already installed the moose easy pull clutch system..and lubed the cable and the cable is good.

SRAD97750

Staff member
is there and way of softening the clutch pull on my 95 kx???..without spending big i already installed the moose easy pull clutch system..and lubed the cable and the cable is good.
This is just a suggestion! :prof:
I have always thought my cables were "good" until I started replacing them when they get a year old or so.
Makes a world of difference to throw a brand new $15 Motion Pro cable on!
I tried lubing and reviving a used cable, the new one out performed it hands down. -BIG DAN:thumb:

This is just a suggestion! :prof:
I have always thought my cables were "good" until I started replacing them when they get a year old or so.
Makes a world of difference to throw a brand new $15 Motion Pro cable on!
I tried lubing and reviving a used cable, the new one out performed it hands down. -BIG DAN:thumb:

worth a try i spouse..anyway iv to get a shorter cable made up as the easy pull system lenthens the cable about 3/4 of a foot.. that's if i still have the bike after the weekend..there is someone coming to look at it.i be sad to leave it go.:( but iv my eye on this... can anyone give me the lowdown on these??? uploadfromtaptalk1393526594071.jpg

If you try pushing your bike in gear, with the clutch in, warm or hot you get an idea of how much drag the gear dogs are going to be loaded with when they find their sockets and match up. I have a cr500 that was new in 1987. I have shifted it without the clutch for the most part ever since. It is the old style gear dog arrangment too. It looks just fine inside. If you break a transmission it probably isn't from using or not using the clutch. power on hard shifting with mismatched shaft speeds are going to take their toll no matter what.

One of the harder things on the transmissions are added flywheel weight, and said hard shifting. FYI, I also have a 95 rpm kitted yz 125 that has seen lots of time shifting without the clutch. Clutches are almost a personal thing. Do it if you want to.