Settle this !

I know that i should know this.. But could you kindly tell me what bog is ..?

2smoke got it for ya. :thumb:

It happens if your jetting is off and you crack the throttle open, the engine will hesitate and sound like it almost died. It sometimes can die.

Here's an example. Got to 1:45 and have a listen.

James

Staff member
I know that i should know this.. But could you kindly tell me what bog is ..?
:thumb: What 2smoke said.

Thankfully it can usually be fixed with only your fuel mixture screw, unless of course your jets are way off. Since mine's pretty picky I generally have to turn the fuel screw a little everytime I go riding. Unless the weather is the exact same as it was on the previous ride.

:thumb: What 2smoke said.

Thankfully it can usually be fixed with only your fuel mixture screw, unless of course your jets are way off. Since mine's pretty picky I generally have to turn the fuel screw a little everytime I go riding. Unless the weather is the exact same as it was on the previous ride.

Now, I don't know much about these newer four bangers but don't they also have an accelerator pump in the carb? I know sometimes in normally aspirated carbed vehicles the accelerator pump can also cause a throttle response bog or hesitation if you will. Just wandering if anyone has needed to fixed this issue with and aftermarket accelerator pump?

ah yeah, that is what I am talking about. Just a little paragraph from that site is leaning toward some of these bogging issues being the accelerator pump.

"A stock accelerator pump cover allows only a 60% - 70% fuel charge in the accelerator pump chamber, while air fills the remaining space. Turning the throttle activates the accelerator pump, but air trapped in the chamber gets compressed, disrupting fuel delivery and often causing a hesitation or bog at the very moment you need immediate response from your engine. The proven Boyesen QuickShot 2 has shown that eliminating trapped air allows for solid fuel delivery 100% of the time, providing the instant acceleration the rider needs."

Now, I don't know much about these newer four bangers but don't they also have an accelerator pump in the carb? I know sometimes in normally aspirated carbed vehicles the accelerator pump can also cause a throttle response bog or hesitation if you will. Just wandering if anyone has needed to fixed this issue with and aftermarket accelerator pump?

The AP mod usually can fix the bog on the 04-06 bikes. But in 07 they switched to a push linkage instead of a follow linkage which was supposed to fix it, but the Honda's still bogged off idle, I think. On the 07 and up until EFI, I guess it's best to re-jet it. Drop the leak jet a couple numbers.

That's just my understand!

The fuel screw has always eliminated the slight bog, but I do have the QuickShot installed. :noidea:

Well, the Honda's are known for their bog which I believe the problem is between either the AP or the jetting, or both. I'm sure you can decrease the bog by the fuel screw, but I'm not sure if it will make it go away. I adjusted my fuel screw and it didn't do too much to help the bog. I'd say AP Mod if you can, or drop a few on the leak, or even better, both!

Just my 2 cents. I really suck at carburetors though. Those things are way over my head.