Seat Shaving

To touch the ground. My short legged dad rides the bike too though :thinking: he likes riding my 100 (i have no clue why) and is always offering to switch bikes while we are out riding but I don't like not being able to touch the ground AT ALL. He said he wouldn't mind it a little lower himself, he would like to be flat foot on it so I don't think it would put a big damper on his day if I shaved it but I'm worried about his comfort. I can hear it now "this seat is hurting my ass" :lol:

James

Staff member
Removing foam will make it harder, however you shouldn't be sitting to start with. :P

An alternative would be a lowering link but those aren't cheap.

Removing foam will make it harder, however you shouldn't be sitting to start with. :P

An alternative would be a lowering link but those aren't cheap.

See I don't sit much, my dad however doesn't stand at all. :thinking: I thought about doing Jacksons (I think it was him) seat pin thing and buying a second seat and just swap them out quickly while we are out riding.

If it makes your dad feel any better, I don't think anyone can sit with both feet flat on the ground. I can only do that on my Harley. :smirk: You are not supposed to be sitting there posing, you are supposed to be riding. :lol:

a tall bike will teach you to not dab your feet on the techy stuff.

on the flip side dont expect to own a pretty bike. 75% of all the times my bike has fell over was because of slow speed no footing get offs.

If it makes your dad feel any better, I don't think anyone can sit with both feet flat on the ground. I can only do that on my Harley. :smirk: You are not supposed to be sitting there posing, you are supposed to be riding. :lol:

He's tippy toed with one foot I think he wants to try to get one foot flat.

a tall bike will teach you to not dab your feet on the techy stuff.

on the flip side dont expect to own a pretty bike. 75% of all the times my bike has fell over was because of slow speed no footing get offs.

I'm good at keeping my feet up on technical stuff but when you need to get your foot down and all you can really do is just jump off your bike it gets a little tricky :lol:

As long as you can touch your toes should be good enough... when does anyone ever use both feet flat on the ground when riding or even racing? If you're too short you can have your mechanic hold you up at the start. He just might like the facial (:devil:) he gets when you blast off the gate.

As long as you can touch your toes should be good enough... when does anyone ever use both feet flat on the ground when riding or even racing? If you're too short you can have your mechanic hold you up at the start. He just might like the facial (:devil:) he gets when you blast off the gate.

I completely agree with the toe touching thing but I have to get almost completely off the bike to touch on the 125 and that's with tennis shoes on. If I'm wearing boots I can't extended my ankle far enough :cry: #midgetlife

I completely agree with the toe touching thing but I have to get almost completely off the bike to touch on the 125 and that's with tennis shoes on. If I'm wearing boots I can't extended my ankle far enough :cry: #midgetlife

Nah, you're just short for your height .... :prof:....................:shocked: