Sale price?

You will have a harder time finding general replacement parts for the 87/88 year model RM. I would actually do a resto build on that 79' RM, then you would have enough money to buy a much newer bike if that's what your looking for. There's quit a few vintage part companies that make parts for that 79', but on the other hand there aren't many aftermarket companies that make parts for the 87/88' due to the year model. For example, for some of the 1970's and 1981-1982 RM's you can still buy replacement OEM cylinders from Suzuki, but with the 87/88' year model RM you will see there are also LESS OEM parts still available from Suzuki. :thumb:

You will have a harder time finding general replacement parts for the 87/88 year model RM. I would actually do a resto build on that 79' RM, then you would have enough money to buy a much newer bike if that's what your looking for. There's quit a few vintage part companies that make parts for that 79', but on the other hand there aren't many aftermarket companies that make parts for the 87/88' due to the year model. For example, for some of the 1970's and 1981-1982 RM's you can still buy replacement OEM cylinders from Suzuki, but with the 87/88' year model RM you will see there are also LESS OEM parts still available from Suzuki. :thumb:
For my bike there are still almost all of the OEM replacement parts available from Suzuki with the exception of a few things, and those parts are available aftermarket.

I almost bought an 89' rm125. But the power valve parts weren't available and neither was a new cylinder... I'm just going off of what i've experienced. If it was my bike I would strip it down, get it blasted. Paint it with good quality matching OEM paint or powdercoated. Then I would buy some plastics from dcvmx, buy a seat cover, tires, and few cheap things. I honestly think you could make a good profit on that bike. Go look at some rebuild threads and learn some things from other people on how to do it right and you could end up with one sharp vintage MX bike. :thumb:

I almost bought an 89' rm125. But the power valve parts weren't available and neither was a new cylinder... I'm just going off of what i've experienced. If it was my bike I would strip it down, get it blasted. Paint it with good quality matching OEM paint or powdercoated. Then I would buy some plastics from dcvmx, buy a seat cover, tires, and few cheap things. I honestly think you could make a good profit on that bike. Go look at some rebuild threads and learn some things from other people on how to do it right and you could end up with one sharp vintage MX bike. :thumb:
It looks a lot nicer than it did when I first posted it for sure. I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money just to sell it. Muscle cars and vintage bikes are pretty much the same. You could spend a life savings fully factory restoring a car and it'll look gay. Or you could go full on rat rod and make it sick. I'm a rat rod guy. A new spin on a vintage bike. Now that's awesome. Bikebandits has a lot of compatible parts that I can buy. I'm keeping the bike for now.

It looks a lot nicer than it did when I first posted it for sure. I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money just to sell it. Muscle cars and vintage bikes are pretty much the same. You could spend a life savings fully factory restoring a car and it'll look gay. Or you could go full on rat rod and make it sick. I'm a rat rod guy. A new spin on a vintage bike. Now that's awesome. Bikebandits has a lot of compatible parts that I can buy. I'm keeping the bike for now.

Cool man :thumb:

There's the link. Original pictures are on the first page of the thread
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/index.php?threads/4685/

Fresh plastic and frame paint that bike would have done 1000 easily.
It was the 1st yr aluminum swingarm and factory shocks with reservoir.
Its not too late since you can still get plastics for it...
the only 2 things missing were the MX silencer and the sprocket cover
IMG_20120401_124739.jpg