Pro RV not running the Kayaba Air Fork

James

Staff member
Am I the only one that's noticed that RV is not running the KYB air fork but appears to be using the Showa SFF?.
View attachment 12046
I was only half listening during the broadcast on Saturday, but I remember them saying something about him running a Showa. :thumb:

They also mentioned that all teams are super tight lipped on if they're running air forks or not.

Kawasaki was running KYB for YEARS. RV must have liked the Showa set up better. I honestly believe that RV was running the Air fork for the first two races. I think he got tired of it and went back to the conventional forks just like Reed. You would have to get really close to that motorcycle and see if there was any air fittings on the tops of the fork tubes. That would be the only way to tell. You can't tell by the stickers. Because they are just that stickers. Last year when stewart was on the Yamaha I heard from a couple good sources that he was running Dunlop tires with Pirelli stickers.

James

Staff member
Last year when stewart was on the Yamaha I heard from a couple good sources that he was running Dunlop tires with Pirelli stickers.
No he ran Dunlop tires that said Dunlop on them for a practice session. I was told it was so that Jeremy could show James that the issues they were having weren't because of the tires. Needless to say after those details came out, some people weren't to happy. :lol: