Rmz or kxf, can't decide.

Need a nice fast agile 2010 250 MXer for racing hopefuly soonish, now I know the kawi is really fast, and the zook is really agile.. Why can't I just pay both superbrands to make the perfect hybrid for me :smirk: :thinking:.. Ok, any thoughts or heads up as to which bike is a winner ?

0013_IMG.jpg

s1600_139788010_1294451921.jpg

strang-bike.jpg

20091119192903.jpeg

They're speaking to you. :P

They're speaking to you. :P

Oh my gaad I'm in love with that zook :shocked:
But what sounds a better deal; 2010 kawasaki kx 250f stock, second hand = £3000 so $4894.8. Or, 2010 suzuki rmz 250 with, well in fact heres what it says; "Suzuki RMZ 250 2010. Bike has done approximately 50 hours. In great condition. New Plastics, Dep Pipe, Samco Hoses, Gold Talon wheels, Re-Valved suspension, Brand new Handle Bars and grips, Brand new rear tyre, Rider upgrading to 450 class." all for £3500 so $5710.5.

So what do we think now ?:thinking:

James

Staff member
As strange as it may sound, a fast bike does not make you a fast rider. (:thinking: I need to save that quote :smirk:) Even if you get the fastest 250f out there I'm willing to bet that I could find a kid on an 85 that could stomp you (and me :pout:). Going fast in motocross is what 95% rider and 5% bike? Just go pick your favorite color/brand and start riding/practicing. :thumb::ride:

As strange as it may sound, a fast bike does not make you a fast rider. (:thinking: I need to save that quote :smirk:) Even if you get the fastest 250f out there I'm willing to bet that I could find a kid on an 85 that could stomp you (and me :pout:). Going fast in motocross is what 95% rider and 5% bike? Just go pick your favorite color/brand and start riding/practicing. :thumb::ride:

Very true very true, the other fact is, buying parts such as Aluminum sprockets because they are lighter, probably won't make a diffrence either )and will break in half the time :noidea: ). You have to be pretty good to even feel a 2 pound diffrence, let alone a few ounces. Most expensive aftermarket parts are a rip too (If your bike is too loud, put a quieter exaust on it or if you break alot of levers go with ASV or something, but thats not the "aftermarket" I'm talking about) as in ported valve seats, big bore kits, ect.. To be a sucessful rider consists of these 4 things :prof: :thumb:
-Healthy physically active rider
-Proper skill level
-Proper bike set up
-Proper maintiance routine
I hope the help you recived for the members was quite useful, but at the begginer/intermediate skill level, just go with what you can afford and pick a color. Questions such as "Which bike has a better bottom end??" Aren't going to make a huge diffrence. All MX bikes are pretty similar, the only thing you have to pick is your color, riding type and 2 stroke vs 4. Anything else you can't tell a diffrence on. :thumb: I hope this helped, I'd like to see you on a bike soon, and putting up awesome RRs and pics :thumb:

James

Staff member
I have a post around here somewhere in where I went into greater detail on what yamadogyz said above.

Basically graphics, big-bores, hot cams, engine work, aluminum sprockets, "trick" parts, etc.; don't do anything for the average guy except drain his pockets. Instead spend that money on your non-durable items (air/oil filters, oil, gas, tires, sprockets/chains, exhaust packing (:stirthepot: :P) etc.).

Since you're planing on doing MX here's what I'd do.

Figure out what your budget for a new bike is (lets just say $5,000).
Take off $500-1000 for suspension work.
Also another $500 to replace any broken parts and for a little cushion.

So that would mean you have $3,500-4,000 for the actual bike.

Now pick your favorite color and buy a bike. :prof:

Send your suspension out to get re-valved to your weight and skill level.

Find the nearest track and go ride. :thumb:

Oh and take pictures/video for us. :P

I have a post around here somewhere in where I went into greater detail on what yamadogyz said above.

Basically graphics, big-bores, hot cams, engine work, aluminum sprockets, "trick" parts, etc.; don't do anything for the average guy except drain his pockets. Instead spend that money on your non-durable items (air/oil filters, oil, gas, tires, sprockets/chains, exhaust packing (:stirthepot: :P) etc.).

Since you're planing on doing MX here's what I'd do.

Figure out what your budget for a new bike is (lets just say $5,000).
Take off $500-1000 for suspension work.
Also another $500 to replace any broken parts and for a little cushion.

So that would mean you have $3,500-4,000 for the actual bike.

Now pick your favorite color and buy a bike. :prof:

Send your suspension out to get re-valved to your weight and skill level.

Find the nearest track and go ride. :thumb:

Oh and take pictures/video for us. :P

Yeah what he said :devil:

But really, I don't think there are but 5 or 6 if that here with trick bikes, for example, mine is dead stock. All I did is fool with the clickers and change out the grip and add some minor add on novice parts such as lever grips and a couple cool decals I collected over time.

If you want to wisely invest your money in something that makes a diffrence, invest in good gear. A better cooler helmet, anti fog goggles, quailty boots, ect.. Anyone can feel/appriciate the diffrence of good gear :thumb: Its a wise investment if your extra change is burning a hole through your pocket :lol:

Ok guys, I've taken everything you've said into consideration, I will go out and buy a bike, I will pick my favorite color (team green:thumb:), I'll have my suspention worked for my weight, I'll make the investment in proper gear (already got my gloves 'yaay'), I'll stop asking dumb questions like "Which bike has a better bottom end??", yup I agree like with most things it's more the user than the tool, I will upload pics and vids when I can, I'l also watch out for that fast 85 kid when I get to my local track :thumb:. I'll probably be getting my bike late this year so when I do, I'll let you guys know. Thanks for all the input people :thumb:!

Ok guys, I've taken everything you've said into consideration, I will go out and buy a bike, I will pick my favorite color (team green:thumb:), I'll have my suspention worked for my weight, I'll make the investment in proper gear (already got my gloves 'yaay'), I'll stop asking dumb questions like "Which bike has a better bottom end??", yup I agree like with most things it's more the user than the tool, I will upload pics and vids when I can, I'l also watch out for that fast 85 kid when I get to my local track :thumb:. I'll probably be getting my bike late this year so when I do, I'll let you guys know. Thanks for all the input people :thumb:!

Once again, good luck with your purchase :thumb: I wouldn't nessassarly say the questions you asked are dumb, but just pick up a copy MXAs Bike shootout and all quesstions about all the bikes will be answered :thumb: Also, just this one last thing, I reccomend you stop by boarders and buy this book, it's helped me a ton, I vowed to reccomend it :thumb:
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Motocross-Off-Road-Riding-Techniques/dp/0760318026
Its a bit old, but really useful, mine has been passed around endless times to friends