RM250 RM250 rebuild

Well, my motor is toast after a the main bearing on the clutch side let go. :cry: They are the OEM factory bearings so 10 years I guess ain't bad. The big end bearing seems ok though. Pieces of the main bearing cage went through the whole engine so I will have to completely go through the whole thing. Replate the cylinder, new piston, rebuild the crank, new bearings and seals. I don't know why you can't get a crank kit for the 01 RM's :noidea: I am going on vacation monday so It will have to wait till I get back before I figure out who, what, when or where parts and other things like the replate will go through.

Here is pieces of the cage that where laying in the bottom of the motor when I pull the clutch covers off
DSCF3226.jpg
DSCF3228.jpg

Here is what is still attached to the bearing
DSCF3220.jpg

My piston is beat to hell
DSCF3221.jpg
DSCF3222.jpg

Hard to see but there is a small gouge in the intake port and some scorching on the plating too so I am going ahead and have it replated.
DSCF3225.jpg

Well Jax this sucks the big one. Thats one of my fears is what happend to you. If that happend to me right now it would almost be more cost effective to buy a newer bike.:cry::thinking:

Okay so a little update to my bike rebuild

I sold some old YZ85 parts last night and made some coin and I also sold my sons 4wheeler that he never used so now I have some squish to get it done. I ordered some parts today:banana:

I will update this post as I buy more or spend more on anything it takes to get this rebuild done.

PARTS:

complete engine Gaskit Kit from ebay = $40
HotRods main bearings and seal kit from OEMcycle =$50
Oem water pump seal and bearing from :devil: TT= $30

If you make a list of what you need ... I can look up parts for you.. While im at work... And find the best deals yo. :prof:

No offense BK but I know the history your shipping luck :lol:

just messing with you man. I really appreciate the offer but I don't have anything to do all day long at work either :smirk: so I have already hit all the places for parts already. thanks though:hifive: and my nickel hooked me you with some links too.:thumb:

No offense BK but I know the history your shipping luck :lol:

just messing with you man. I really appreciate the offer but I don't have anything to do all day long at work either :smirk: so I have already hit all the places for parts already. thanks though:hifive: and my nickel hooked me you with some links too.:thumb:
:pout:

:lame:

:needpics:

bigboobs.jpg

bigboobs.jpg

sluts.jpg