RM250 rm250 high revving possibly an air leak

wisj
Sweet bike DUDEE, glad everything worked out for you. :thumb: Forget trying to pick the spray paint off and just :ride: it :D

Wish I could; already pissed off the house at the end of the road, I'm living in an RV park...Help! anybody know some good riding areas around Lynden off the Guide,
That chain looks massivly tight :shocked:

towards Bellingham, Wa.? I wanna race Hannegan, but I've missed most of the season; best I can hope for is to slip into the practice sessions..

And the chain is still a bit tight; got about 1 1/2 inches of play...it was super solid-tight when I bought it form the guy...so tight the wheel didn't wanna turn...what's our recommended slack?
There is a rubber seal between the cases and the crankshaft. It keeps air out just like the gaskets do. When you fork seals fail they let the oil out. when a crank seal fails it lets air in. Normally they are easily replaceable.

Here is a pic

16_Ig_Side_Crank_Seal.jpg
hey, how hard is this job? So far, don't need to do it, but would like to know how...

SRAD97750

Staff member
DAN, MY FRIEND, YOU'RE king of the friggin' hill!! YOU WERE RIGHT ON!! I wanna thank you...she's running like a dream! It was just as you said, the filter's fine, no air leaks, header's snug...put premium in it, fresh pre-mix, choke, no throttle, routed the cable right, and Vroooom! she started about the third kick and just runs awesomely! thanks so much, all the other advice had me panicked, thanks for the grounding, and rational path....Mind what you have learned; save you it will!! lol...thanks again!...now, to get that crappy black rattle-can off the rest of the plastic...View attachment 9148
Anytime! We're here to help. It's always the most obvious... Trust me, I've wasted many hours trying to fix problems I was creating... :picard:

Nothing wrong with a little spraypaint... :smirk:

5003.jpg