Riding with your fingers on the levers..

James

Staff member
I also do not ride my Harley with a finger on the levers at all times. It is entirely on the riding and terrain circumstances.
Road bikes are completely different. :thumb:

I also think high speed is a relative term. I have been at high speed in a whoop section before and my buddy would pass me and show me that his high speed was way more high speed than mine.
Seriously. :foul: Will be at the track cruising and thinking "this isn't a bad pace". Next thing you know some little shit blows by you on his 85. :rant:

I also think high speed is a relative term. I have been at high speed in a whoop section before and my buddy would pass me and show me that his high speed was way more high speed than mine.

:thumb:... there, ya see... I was right... I've been trying to tell some of these yahoos there is a difference. They just tell me to put my purse down and ride! :lol:

if you are going to ride with a finger out on your levers (which is what you are supposed to do) then it needs to be the middle finger. Never use your pointer finger as it creates the best grip on the bars when combined with the thumb.

I do not agree with all this finger stuff. When I am riding the desert at high speed over some knarly whoops for example, I need to hold on to the bars with everything I got and not just a couple of fingers. Perhaps it is my lightning speed and coordination that allows me to grab a brake or clutch lever at the drop of a dime when needed. I also do not ride my Harley with a finger on the levers at all times. It is entirely on the riding and terrain circumstances.
Try squeezing more with your legs, if possible, for future reference :thumb: Might help with a lot of things

Road bikes are completely different. :thumb:
Um, no. I ride with a finger on the levers on my Dirt Bike, Street Bike and Mountain Bike. Harley guys need to hold on with all their fingers because they vibrate too much..:prof:

:prof: not mine, I ride with one finger each lever on my Harley. I don't have a vibration issue, Rubber Mounted engine my bike is smooth like butta!

i been told by guys who ride nothign but street to do whats most comfy for you. i believe that the only reason the MS class tells people all 4 fingers is cause they dont know what kind of rider/person you are. if you get all whisky throttle and out of control its easy for them to teach a noob to just squeeze both hands and apply back brake. other then that it dont make any sense to me to actually hold on with just your thumb and palms.

MS class teaches you to not get relaxed at lights... they tell you to never just piut it in neutral and take your hands off your bars... never know when a dumb fuck might rear end you.

MS class teaches you to not get relaxed at lights... they tell you to never just piut it in neutral and take your hands off your bars... never know when a dumb fuck might rear end you.
I was stopped at a light in Fillmore along the 126 coming home from Ventura once when I hear the sound of shrieking tires and I look in my mirror to see a dipshit coming right at me. I dropped the clutch and nailed it and went around the corner and it was a good thing I have a back rest on that thing or my wife would have been left on the street. :shocked: