Injured Redrider58 currently down

Just like I told James before, the broken bone x-ray, that's not my dang dang, that would be the traction bar crushing my balls between my legs lol. If I was that small, I'd cry.

nice, my son has one just like that but in his other leg. trust me when I say this but don't start back to early because it will be easy to do. those screws can break and that rod can bend, then things get really ugly.

nice, my son has one just like that but in his other leg. trust me when I say this but don't start back to early because it will be easy to do. those screws can break and that rod can bend, then things get really ugly.

Oh yeah, I have been doing my research. The PT lady at the hospital said those screws will probably need to come out and I knew that before the surgery. The rod will most likely be there forever, but the screws are coming out for sure. Kind of all depends if I still want to race after recovery because if I break it with that rod in, I am absolutely SOL.

Oh yeah, I have been doing my research. The PT lady at the hospital said those screws will probably need to come out and I knew that before the surgery. The rod will most likely be there forever, but the screws are coming out for sure. Kind of all depends if I still want to race after recovery because if I break it with that rod in, I am absolutely SOL.

Would it break or bend :noidea:

so are you going to keep riding or hang it up?

I'm going to keep riding, but serious racing will most likely be over. Just drop down a class and cruise it and enjoy the scenery like I already do.
sandbagger :gibbs:
:smirk:

Good to hear, be safe out there, you'll still smoke people like myself.

The guy that owns High Velocity Cycles in Albuquerque used to ride pro, broke his wrist and it starts to hurt real bad after 3 laps so he dropped down to Pro-Am, usually wins that class.

Last edited:
I'm going to keep riding, but serious racing will most likely be over. Just drop down a class and cruise it and enjoy the scenery like I already do.

Your injury is my biggest fear about jumping and racing. At damn near 49 I don't want to be in your position. Both of my boys have broke bones in the desert. One had to have pins to put it back together. Dangerous sport no doubt. I love it.

:USA:

sandbagger :gibbs:
:smirk:

Good to hear, be safe out there, you'll still smoke people like myself.

The guy that owns High Velocity Cycles in Albuquerque used to ride pro, broke his wrist and it starts to hurt real bad after 3 laps so he dropped down to Pro-Am, usually wins that class.

Thanks dude! That's awesome, maybe I will be racing him eventually. I started an LED light company with a buddy of mine and will be releasing a moto series soon. So I will have just as much fun going to races and night races promoting our lights and we have a couple teams who will be running them this summer. Nothing to get rich off of, but it's fun and its something that I will be able to focus on since I can't ride for 6 months.

Your injury is my biggest fear about jumping and racing. At damn near 49 I don't want to be in your position. Both of my boys have broke bones in the desert. One had to have pins to put it back together. Dangerous sport no doubt. I love it.

:USA:

A men to that! It's a great sport and this is one of the more serious injuries I have had. My mom is a nurse and we were talking about how insane the advances in medical technology and all other sorts of stuff. They got a rod straight down my entire bone. Hell I can barely get a straight drill hole on a drill press.:smirk: Went from bleeding out at the bottom of a whoop waiting to die and a day later they have me walking with crutches.

Goodluck RR58

Thanks broski!

Seriously, I love the whole dirt bike community, we are all so tight even though we are spread all over the world. Not sure if I'm emotional from the heavy amount of pain killers I am on, but all the messages and emails I get from strangers saying to heal up and they are supporting me. It's awesome and that's what makes the off road community totally awesome.

Last edited: