Injured Redrider58 currently down

James

Staff member
Just talked with Michael's (@redrider58 ) brother Daniel and I guess he's currently in surgery after taking a pretty good hit today. Here's what Daniel told me:

Michael and I were racing In Farmington NM today. Last lap and he was skimming some deep sand whoops and tried passing someone and the bike swapped and started cartwheeling and the bike landed on his leg. He is in surgery right now and we are just waiting for more info.

At least a broken femur is confirmed, will update when I hear more.

Sorry to read this information. Thanks for posting James.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery rr58 :USA:

Keep us informed as the info comes in James.

Hey guys,

Wow I feel so important that I have my own thread now. But I'm still alive. I was released from the hospital late last night and made it back to CO so I can finish my last 3 weeks of classes this semester.

I broke my femur pretty good, I had emergency surgery Saturday evening and got a rod down the entire length of my femur and 2 screws at each end. I lost about 800 CC of blood from the crash and lost more during surgery. I post up x-rays later. Thanks for everyone's support!!!!!

Just like I told James before, the broken bone x-ray, that's not my dang dang, that would be the traction bar crushing my balls between my legs lol. If I was that small, I'd cry.

Attachments

• femur rod bottom.jpeg
    femur rod bottom.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 16
  • femur rod.jpeg
    femur rod.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 15
  • femur.jpeg
    femur.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 16