Recipe and Food Pics thread.

This is for Dust Devil if he ever gets over here!:thumb:

Easter was good this year.:thumb:

DSCN0151.jpg

Prime Rib.Rare of course!:smirk:

As a senior in HS I took cooking and we had a project were we had to create our own cook book, so here are some pics of the stuff i did. I can get anyone the recipe but just don't have time to post them up all right now. Definitely not a pro at taking pics of food

baked potato soup
DSCN0021.jpg

cinnamon bread/roll wreath
DSCN0014.jpg

ceviche
DSCN0142.jpg

spinach dip in bread bowl
DSCN0166.jpg

I also have some other delicious recipes:
-french onion soup with gruyere cheese
-campenchana
-korean BBQ ribs(those small little ones)
-teriyaki chicken
-meyer lemon creme brulee tarts

Also I don't know about any of you guys, but I have forever wondered how many restaurants ranch dressing tastes differently than the ranch you buy from the supermarket. There was always such a difference in tastes, but I have found the secret. At most grocery stores, Hidden Valley sells the dry season packets of ranch. You have to make sure you buy the season packet that says "Buttermilk Recipe" then just follow the directions on the packet(2 different packet sizes, one says 1 cup mayonnaise-1 cup buttermilk, another says 2 cups of each cuz the seasoning packet is bigger) and this is that same delicious ranch that like the restaurants use.

More great recipes to come :thumb:

James

Staff member
I'm not a big fan of soups, but those cinnamon rolls are looking pretty good. :thumb: Plus I wouldn't mind piggin out on those sweets. :thinking:

I'm not a big fan of soups, but those cinnamon rolls are looking pretty good. :thumb: Plus I wouldn't mind piggin out on those sweets. :thinking:

haha that recipe is pretty simple, the dough is just store bought bridgeford bread which i let raise twice, then rolled it out flat added a good amount of a melted butter cinnamon/sugar mixture, then roll it up, form it into a ring and cut some slits, and then bake it.....also not in the picture is the icing i make with powdered sugar, milk, and some vanilla extract

I just gained 5 pounds looking at that stuff

nice :smirk: :lol::lol:

if you guys got a FB make sure you become a fan of my page then :thumb: I'm in the process of seeing how the stuff needs to be packaged and shipped so i can take broader orders than just from people near me. Also gotta figure out how to sell it to people far away:thinking:

Right on lovestrucks cool! Thanks for sharing! And adding to thread. The Spinach dip bowl looks great.Yum.

thanks, haha the exact recipe is from here http://www.letsmakeknorr.com/Recipes/6200/1/Knorr-Spinach-Dip.aspx very simple

also today I started preparing some bomba$$ ceviche, so i'll take pics of it tomorrow

bowl of my french onion soup with toasted sourdough croutons and a mixture of gruyere and parmesan cheese

IMG_0128.jpg

this is some home made bruschetta on toasted french bread and goat cheese

IMG_0129.jpg

this is also a sandwich i made up awhile back. i had some leftover new york steak so i cooked an overeasy egg, got a mini sourdough bowl cut it in half, warmed up the meat(that's why it's a little more medium than I'd like it...i prefer a medium rare steak) and then put some sliced tomato and onion

IMG_0362.jpg

Grilled bacon wrapped hot links

Green (verde) salsa
* Avocados - makes it creamy, the more the merrier
* Tomotillo's - cut in half and grilled - makes it tart, tangy. not too many
* Jalepeno's - Add to taste
* Garlic - t-spoon of minced
* Cilantro - 1/2 cup - 1 cup - I like the taste so I put in a lot
* Lime - Half to 1 depending on how hot the Jalepenos are
* Onion - half a white
* Salt & pepper - to taste
* Cumin - couple shakes (half t-spoon ???)

Quantities/amounts can be adjusted per individual taste.

Chili Colorado (???)
* Crock Potted Chuck roast
* 1 can of red enchilada sauce - add when roast is almost done
* Remove roast, cut into chunks
* Place in skillet, brown sides - not too much or it'll dry out.
* Pour sauce into sauce pan and heat, reduce to thicken
* Place chunks into sauce

Serve with red (Spanish) rice or over white rice!!!! Had this last night and yes, there are left overs...Mmmmmm

As a senior in HS I took cooking and we had a project were we had to create our own cook book, so here are some pics of the stuff i did. I can get anyone the recipe but just don't have time to post them up all right now. Definitely not a pro at taking pics of food

baked potato soup
DSCN0021.jpg

cinnamon bread/roll wreath
DSCN0014.jpg

ceviche
DSCN0142.jpg

spinach dip in bread bowl
DSCN0166.jpg

I also have some other delicious recipes:
-french onion soup with gruyere cheese
-campenchana
-korean BBQ ribs(those small little ones)
-teriyaki chicken
-meyer lemon creme brulee tarts

Also I don't know about any of you guys, but I have forever wondered how many restaurants ranch dressing tastes differently than the ranch you buy from the supermarket. There was always such a difference in tastes, but I have found the secret. At most grocery stores, Hidden Valley sells the dry season packets of ranch. You have to make sure you buy the season packet that says "Buttermilk Recipe" then just follow the directions on the packet(2 different packet sizes, one says 1 cup mayonnaise-1 cup buttermilk, another says 2 cups of each cuz the seasoning packet is bigger) and this is that same delicious ranch that like the restaurants use.

More great recipes to come :thumb:

Good stuff, tell us more about your business. I love to cook too.