Recipe and Food Pics thread.

The next three steps you are going to want to do as fast as you can so get everything ready.

step one poor juices meat and peppers/onions all on the fajita pan.
3453018207_05f34e2c79_o.jpg

Then the Mushrooms on top of them
3453832216_15b5f47d9c_o.jpg

Coat the top with Cheese
3453018477_286eca8157_o.jpg

add salt and pepper and let it cook on high heat until cheese is melted. This process caramelizes the sauce and all the steam is just running up through all the food. ITS MAGIC WHAT HAPPENS.....
3453018609_a1cb5544f5_o.jpg

Come and get it or you wont get it :brows:
3453018733_271629372e_o.jpg

3453018901_f7d42dfc03_o.jpg

Enjoy :bigthumb:

thanks for this Mofo you got me motivated to cook something not out of a box which i really enjoy but do not do often enough

Beer Battered Shrimp with Crab Dip

3502629486_5b40822e93_o.jpg

boo i forgot the garlic in pic AGAIN!!!!

Crab Sauce Ingredient list
1 cup finely chopped crab meat
6 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
couple splashes of Worcestershire sauce
couple splashes of Tabasco Sauce
dash of Cayenne Pepper
2 to 3 cloves of crushed and finely chopped garlic.
salt

Mix everything together and let stand in the fridge for a couple hours
3502629546_7e5e2d0189_o.jpg

3501815951_ee55b30c62_o.jpg

Ingredient list
1 pound Jumbo Shrimp
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
12 ounces of beer
2 tablespoons of Parsley
3 large egg whites
vegetable oil(or whatever oil you use for deep fry)
slice of lemon
salt

First we will make our batter.
in a large bowl mix the flour, salt and cayenne. Gradually whisk in the beer until smooth. Then add Parsley

In a new medium sized bowl beat the egg whites with a mixer set on high untill soft peaks form.
3502629662_82eba98c9e_o.jpg

then fold into the beer mixture.

Now peel the shrimp cut out the vein but leave the tail on. Get your Deep frier...

WHAT IS THIS ? Contestant Travace has a Deep Fryer ... up to temp. Dip the shrimp in the batter coating it generously and slowly add to the fryer.
3502629748_e6ba6196a5_o.jpg

Let fry for 2 mins then remove and let rest on a paper towel or a oven rack. Tip: Dont put to many shrimp in your fryer at once. You do not want them to stick together.
Plate Shrimp & Crab Dip, Garnish dip with a couple sprinkles of Parsley and a few slices of a Lemon.
3501816171_14b20bd21c_o.jpg

Contestant Travace has another entry....

Chipotle Shrimp Nachos​
using blue chips​
3511265963_631557a855_o.jpg

Ingredient List
1 tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves pressed and chopped
1 cup of left over shrimp(basically any kind you want but this recipe is GREAT for leftovers) cooked
1/4 pound popcorn shrimp/small shrimp cooked
1 Chipotle Pepper in Abodo sauce
4 tbs of the Abodo sauce
1 cup of Milk
2 tbs of freshly chopped Cilantro
1/2 cup shredded Cotija Cheese
1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
Salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 bag of blue chips

Toppings
1 Tomato
1/2 Avacado
Salsa
Sour Cream
Pepperchinis
black Olives
Chopped Green Onions
Cilantro

First off sorry i don't have pics of the process but my camera lady was busy with other things tonight.

Melt butter on high heat. Once pan is nice and hot add the Garlic. Immediately remove the pan from the heat. It should be hot enough to get the garlic going but not burn it.

Add left over (whatever shrimp you want) shrimp to the garlic butter. heat for 1 min then remove from heat.

Add garlic butter and shrimp to blender. Add 1 Chipotle Pepper. Add 4 tbs of the Abodo sauce(it comes in the can with the Chipotle Peppers). Add 1 cup of Milk. Blend until its a nice and smooth puree.

Move to a clean Pot and heat under a low heat. Add Cotija cheese. Add Monteray Jack cheese. Add Salt. Add a few grinds of pepper. Add Cilantro. Heat until Its cheese is all melted. While that is heating throw your 1/4 pound of popcorn shrimp into the pan that had the garlic butter and get them hot.

heat up the chips for a few mins in the oven and plate. Poor Shrimp Sauce over chips. sprinkle Popcorn Shrimp over sauce. then add Tomatoes, sliced Pepperchinis, Black Olives, Green Onions, Cilantro.

A large dab of Sour Cream and a large spoonful of Salsa.

Garnish with a couple Pepperchinis and Cilantro
3512076912_417fee536f_o.jpg

Of course you can add or subtract any of the toppings for what you like. As for the chips ideally you want to make your own but i don't know how to make the Blue Chips. Besides they are by far my favorite Tortilla Chip. I did not use them purely for Presentation(which i know some might think). All tho they do help with presentation of a dish(you could even get red ones and mix em) they are really tasty and if you have never had them i suggest you try them out.

unos Rattlesnake Pasta

sry no pics in this one.

CHICKEN:
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
PASTA:
1 ib. penne pasta
SAUCE:
4 Tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. salt
3/4 tsp. ground white pepper
2 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 oz. shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
4 oz. jar jalapeno peppers (in juice), sliced

In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes; drain.

Meanwhile, start making a roux:
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Add garlic. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, continue to stir until smooth and creamy.

Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted.

Add jalapeno peppers and stir in chicken. Add alfredo mixture to cooked penne pasta and serve.

finally got around to making a pizza. Sorry no pics.. i had too many guests to worry about pics and what not.

anyhow i did everything from scratch... pretty simple i guess but here is what i did.

for the dough its 2 cups flour (you can substitute 1 cup of the four with semolinaflour and it makes it way better)3/4 tsp salt. 2 & 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast. 2 tbs oil. warm water at 120 f

thats for the dough.

the sauce is...
* 2 cans san marzanos tomatoes
* 6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
* 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
* salt to taste
35i1zi8.jpg

14kb387.jpg

Roast Beef & Arugula Crostini with Olive-Red Pepper Relish

Crostini (see recipe below)
3 tablespoons chopped drained roasted red peppers from jar
3 tablespoons slivered pitted black olives (such as Kalamata)
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
5 ounces fresh goat cheese, divided
1 ounce baby arugula leaves
16 very thin slices rare roast beef

Prepare Crostini; set aside until ready to use.

In a small bowl, mix red peppers, olives, thyme, and vinegar for relish. NOTE: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.

Reserve 2 tablespoons goat cheese for garnish. Spread remaining goat cheese on toasted baguette slices. Divide arugula among toasts. Fold roast beef slices to fit toasts; place atop arugula. Sprinkle beef slices lightly with salt and pepper. Top each with 1/3 teaspoon reserved goat cheese and small dollop of pepper/olive relish. Arrange crostini on platter and serve.

Makes 16 servings.

CROSTINI:
16 1/4-inch-thick diagonal baguette bread slices
Extra virgin olive oil

Arrange the bread slices in a baking tray. Brush with olive oil and bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool before adding toppings.

vicy6t.jpg

Took this from a Hawaiian cook book we have and served this as an "get the BBQ started" type thing today. It was a complete HIT!!!!

here goes....
2rxe903.jpg

1 Large Pineapple uncut
1/2 cup rum
2 tsp lemon juice(i got skeeby and forgot them in the pics but it was freshly squeezed of course)
3 tbs honey
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup pineapple juice

ok so first thing you want to do is cut the top and the bottom of the pineapple. about a inch and half from top and bottom. set the pieces aside.

Now if you have a pineapple corer that would be best if not you want to carefully cut close to the inside edge of the pineapple to remove all the good pineapple meat. Decore and cut into equal size squares and set aside.

Now take some toothpicks and secure the bottom of the pineapple to the cored out shell. should look like this....
331m9ud.jpg

now for the dipping sauce.

its pretty simple.... add all the ingredients including the pineapple squares and put in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours but 24 hours is best.

right before you are ready to serve get a good knife and cut off all of the prickly leafy stuff that is on the pineapple to make the outer skin smooth as possible without ruining the integrity of the shell.

Next is placing the Can of sterno in the pineapple. You have a couple options. One is to set it on top of something like a can or you can use some toothpicks or BBQ skewers to stick through the pineapple to make a shelf. What you want is for the can to be about a inch below the top of the pineapple.

Next take toothpicks and stab pineapple chunks then poke them into the outside skin of pineapple. continue until pineapple looks like some kind of funny version of Pinhead from hellraiser. Present the pineapple however you would like such as a center piece. Serve sauce in a dipping bowl. light the Sterno can. Grab a pineapple and dip in the rum sauce then heat it over the fire of the sterno.

See by this point i was already getting a buzz and when i set that thing down they started going fast as fuck so i didnt even think to take a pic. I did find the same sketch that was in our cookbook so here is that instead...sorry

ioknq9.jpg

trust me tho... im not a huge rum fan but these things could get dangerous.

PS.... we quickly learned that you could use this amount of sauce with 2 or 3 pineapples. Our 1st thing of pineapple went very fast so next time i would get 2 pineapples, use one for the presentation and the other for the extra pineapple meat.

Ok, so I was a Chef for twenty years and just recently got out of the business two years ago. I miss the fine foods and such so each month I make an amazing meal for me and my girl. I mean you could not even get a meal done like this in most restaurants.

-Citrus Cous Cous Salad with dried cranberry, orange segments, sliced almonds, roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, butter lettuce, spring mix, shaved Parmesan cheese, and a citrus vinaigrette.

-Creamy Brocolli Cheese Soup with Garlic Crostinis and Basil Oil

-Sauted Spaghetti Squash with White Wine, Chicken Stock, Butter, Roma Tomato, and Fresh Parsley

-Mashed Celery Root and Yukon Gold Potatoes with Grilled Leeks and Garlic Cream.

-Pepper Seared Cherry Wood Smoked Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon 10oz. each.(Very pricey but well worth the squish)

-French Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with Raspberry Sauce and Grand Marnier Whip Cream.

-One bottle of fine Petite Syrah!

SSPX0034.jpg

SSPX0033.jpg

I could go into details on the prep but this is a two hour prep time just for this meal and there are several skilled techniques used in the knife work. I will try next time to take more step by step pics and get you a better recipe explanation but I just wanted to share this wonderful meal. It was absolutely fantastic! I am so full!

Tis is actually a youtube comment on a turduckin....

Take a buffalo and stuff it in an elephant, and then take that elephant and stuff it into a whale. and then deep fry the whale. and then feed all of africa.

Its called "buphantale" :prof:

Ok, so I was a Chef for twenty years and just recently got out of the business two years ago. I miss the fine foods and such so each month I make an amazing meal for me and my girl. I mean you could not even get a meal done like this in most restaurants.

-Citrus Cous Cous Salad with dried cranberry, orange segments, sliced almonds, roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, butter lettuce, spring mix, shaved Parmesan cheese, and a citrus vinaigrette.

-Creamy Brocolli Cheese Soup with Garlic Crostinis and Basil Oil

-Sauted Spaghetti Squash with White Wine, Chicken Stock, Butter, Roma Tomato, and Fresh Parsley

-Mashed Celery Root and Yukon Gold Potatoes with Grilled Leeks and Garlic Cream.

-Pepper Seared Cherry Wood Smoked Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon 10oz. each.(Very pricey but well worth the squish)

-French Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with Raspberry Sauce and Grand Marnier Whip Cream.

-One bottle of fine Petite Syrah!

SSPX0034.jpg

SSPX0033.jpg

I could go into details on the prep but this is a two hour prep time just for this meal and there are several skilled techniques used in the knife work. I will try next time to take more step by step pics and get you a better recipe explanation but I just wanted to share this wonderful meal. It was absolutely fantastic! I am so full!
You continue to impress me with how much knowledge you have and stuff you can do, not to mention riding ability. Good stuff.:thumb:

Took this from a Hawaiian cook book we have and served this as an "get the BBQ started" type thing today. It was a complete HIT!!!!

here goes....
2rxe903.jpg

1 Large Pineapple uncut
1/2 cup rum
2 tsp lemon juice(i got skeeby and forgot them in the pics but it was freshly squeezed of course)
3 tbs honey
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup pineapple juice

ok so first thing you want to do is cut the top and the bottom of the pineapple. about a inch and half from top and bottom. set the pieces aside.

Now if you have a pineapple corer that would be best if not you want to carefully cut close to the inside edge of the pineapple to remove all the good pineapple meat. Decore and cut into equal size squares and set aside.

Now take some toothpicks and secure the bottom of the pineapple to the cored out shell. should look like this....
331m9ud.jpg

now for the dipping sauce.

its pretty simple.... add all the ingredients including the pineapple squares and put in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours but 24 hours is best.

right before you are ready to serve get a good knife and cut off all of the prickly leafy stuff that is on the pineapple to make the outer skin smooth as possible without ruining the integrity of the shell.

Next is placing the Can of sterno in the pineapple. You have a couple options. One is to set it on top of something like a can or you can use some toothpicks or BBQ skewers to stick through the pineapple to make a shelf. What you want is for the can to be about a inch below the top of the pineapple.

Next take toothpicks and stab pineapple chunks then poke them into the outside skin of pineapple. continue until pineapple looks like some kind of funny version of Pinhead from hellraiser. Present the pineapple however you would like such as a center piece. Serve sauce in a dipping bowl. light the Sterno can. Grab a pineapple and dip in the rum sauce then heat it over the fire of the sterno.

See by this point i was already getting a buzz and when i set that thing down they started going fast as fuck so i didnt even think to take a pic. I did find the same sketch that was in our cookbook so here is that instead...sorry

ioknq9.jpg

trust me tho... im not a huge rum fan but these things could get dangerous.

PS.... we quickly learned that you could use this amount of sauce with 2 or 3 pineapples. Our 1st thing of pineapple went very fast so next time i would get 2 pineapples, use one for the presentation and the other for the extra pineapple meat.

1st thing T-rav...you need to start using "SAFE HEAT" my wifes company makes that stuff. way better than Ster-NO...:prof:...:smirk: Seriously, you can buy their stuff at Smart and Final!