Recipe and Food Pics thread.

some more recent treats

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

my business :thumb: http://www.facebook.com/sochocolateyandsweets?ref=ts

LT...I really like the looks of those covered pretzel sticks...besides the white choc ones are the others carmel or peanut butter or ? I also like the "top hat" looking candies! Where is someone going to be able to find you book...barns and stables or ?

LT...I really like the looks of those covered pretzel sticks...besides the white choc ones are the others carmel or peanut butter or ? I also like the "top hat" looking candies! Where is someone going to be able to find you book...barns and stables or ?

I dip all my pretzels in caramel first then in the chocolate. My 3 flavors are Milk, White(actual vanilla but it's easier to just say white), and butterscotch....the nut looking things on the pretzels is actually Heath crunch, and the lines(I call drizzle) is just the other chocolate on the main chocolate. The top hats are called Fluffy Delights, which are marshmellows dipped in caramel and then chocolate

haha the cookbook is more of a small order thing, won't be in any stores(as of now)...just something that I'm throwin together based on all the stuff that I cook(no treat recipes I'm sorry...gotta keep those to the grave :thumb: ) and people just always ask for the recipes so thought I'd make it easy on myself.

I dip all my pretzels in caramel first then in the chocolate. My 3 flavors are Milk, White(actual vanilla but it's easier to just say white), and butterscotch....the nut looking things on the pretzels is actually Heath crunch, and the lines(I call drizzle) is just the other chocolate on the main chocolate. The top hats are called Fluffy Delights, which are marshmellows dipped in caramel and then chocolate

haha the cookbook is more of a small order thing, won't be in any stores(as of now)...just something that I'm throwin together based on all the stuff that I cook(no treat recipes I'm sorry...gotta keep those to the grave :thumb: ) and people just always ask for the recipes so thought I'd make it easy on myself.

Well then how does someone place an order? IF you're taking orders.

BTW...
1) I love butterscotch...:banana:
2) They're even better with the Heath bar parts...:banana::banana:
3) You ought to call the marshmallows TOP HATS...:prof:

Well then how does someone place an order? IF you're taking orders.

BTW...
1) I love butterscotch...:banana:
2) They're even better with the Heath bar parts...:banana::banana:
3) You ought to call the marshmallows TOP HATS...:prof:

during the winter months I put little hollies on them so they do look like hats.....take a look at my fb page that i posted in one of my other comments

ok so back on another forum they use to hold a weekly iron chef thing and i use to put an entry every week so im gonna post them here....

Contestant Travace's Entry for this week is......

Pan-broiled Steak with Tomatoes & Garlic and sushi

3499765774_d62ffb33b8_o.jpg

forgot garlic in pic DOH!!!

ingredient list
1/4 cup olive oil
tsp finely chopped garlic
2 cups of peeled seeded & coarsely chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
Salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 1/2lb rib eye cut steak

first up to bat is to heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet or saucepan.
over medium heat. Once its hot remove from the heat then add garlic
3499765968_c15af63e15_o.jpg

and stir for about 30 seconds with a wooden spoon.
3499766064_ce859b880f_o.jpg

Now add Tomatoes
3498950021_479e7d72f7_o.jpg

add the Oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a few grindings of pepper
3499766180_effe557d3c_o.jpg

cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. It should take about 5 mins or so to boil off most of the tomato liquid. but here is what it looks like half way through that process
3498950441_4693ea53e9_o.jpg

Once that liquid is condensed down enough remove from heat and set aside

Now we are gonna cook the steak.
First 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and heat on high. we want to brown each side of the steak for 1 to 2 mins.
3498950553_96263e5f37_o.jpg

Now reduce the heat to medium and spoon the tomato sauce over and around the steak edges.
3499766458_7ecb7092f2_o.jpg

cover and cook for 3 to 4 mins or until the steak is done to your own taste. scrape all the sauce on the steak and leave it in the pan to saute for a min or 2 but you want to scrape all the meat and stuff that is stuck to the bottom of the pan.
3499766642_fcae01cda9_o.jpg

while that is sauteing get your Sushi station ready.... I did all my prep of slicing and making of the rice before i ever started the steak so it was all ready.
3498950733_5a61941116_o.jpg

Ill go into the prep of all the ingredients and what kind of Sushi i will make right now. The sushi is California Rolls but the style is an Inside out roll.

First off is the rice. put 1 cup of Japanese short grain rice in a sieve and submerge in water. wash it thoroughly and discard the milky water. repeat till the water is not milky and let stand in the sieve for 30 mins then drain.
Or you can buy some that is washed :shrug:
add the rice and 1 1/4 cup water to a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. reduce heat to very low cover and simmer for 30 mins don't open the lid for anything until that 30 mins is up.
while that is going we want to make a vinegar mixture. so heat 4 tablespoons of Japanese Rice Vinegar, 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 tsp of salt stirring until the sugar and salt have dissolved. DO NOT allow it to boil. Set it aside and let it cool.
Once the rice is done move it to a salad bowl or to a pre soaked rice tub if you have one. poor a little of the vinegar mixture over the rice. Spread the rice evenly in the bowl or tub. slowly add a little more vinegar mixture using a slicing motion to separate and coat the rice. Fan the rice to help cool it and continue to add the vinegar mixture in the rice with the spatula until it looks glossy. I only needed about half of the vinegar mixture that i cooked. You need to play it by eye so just watch the rice and stop when it all looks glossy. let it sit at room temp.
Now i chopped my carrots, crab, cucumber into pencil sized square strips. hold off on the avocado slicing until you are ready to make the sushi. put everything in the fridge until you are ready to make your roll.

Now back to the point where we just removed the steak. Just leave the steak away from heat and it will cook a bit more and leave the sauce in a pan but off the heat.
First off with the sushi is to mix 3 tbs of rice vinegar with 8 oz of water and put in a bowl and set aside.
lay your bamboo rolling mat on your station and cover it with plastic wrap. Break (or cut) 1 Nori Sheet(seaweed paper) in half and place it on the mat.
Dip your hands in the vinegar water take a handfull of rice and place it in the middle of the nori. using your fingers spread the rice evenly across the nori all the way to the edges. now pick up the whole thing and flip it over ninja style.
now lay your cucumber, crab and carrot to the middle. smear some wasabi paste(not a lot you want just a little to accompany the taste not make it spicy. I use wasabi in a tube for this). and mayonnaise along the side. Add the avacado to the top.
3498950893_b4fc63079c_o.jpg

Now lift up the edge of the mat making sure to hold the ingredients in place and roll the to join the 2 edges of the rice and nori sheet together.
Gently squeeze along the length of the roll to mold it together. you need to lift up the front edge to join the 2 edges of nori.
Now spoon sesame seeds on top and use a spoon to spread evenly. You can use fish roe for the topping and its really good as well.
Slice your meat and plate
Pour sauce over meat
Slice your Sushi and plate
plate some ginger(ginger is used to cleanse the pallet after or before a bite of sushi)
mix a little water with Wasabi powder and plate
3499766832_e030846170_o.jpg

I have always had a thing for Apples and Pork. To me they just work so great together.....

Pork Scallops in Cider Sauce With Artichoke

3475307350_f3986881f8_o.jpg

Ingredient List​

1 Pork loin
1 Apple
1 Onion
1 Cup Chicken Stock
3 tablespoon Butter
1 cup Cider
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
Chopped Parsley
Salt and Pepper

First thing is you might want to start the artichokes right away. If you are a little slower at cooking you might want to wait maybe 5 to 15 mins from now.
3475307398_db1c52b2f4_o.jpg

So put them in a pot with a little water in the bottom cover and start steaming them.

Start your oven and set it to as low as it can go. mine was 170

Now we want to start Cutting our meat. if its boneless even better. if it has the bone make one cut to remove it. If it was boneless you will need to make a cut and you want it to be as flat as possible.
3474496389_4c3b95df35_o.jpg

Now you want to cut it with the grains into slices and put in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
3475307490_c5f826cbc7_o.jpg

now comes the fun part
3474497871_e1a4dd0195_o.gif

Once its nice and flat
3474496445_c719da7a3f_o.jpg

you can add your butter to the pan and start melting it at low heat. once melted add your pork scallops to the pan and cook them untill they are golden brown.
3474496465_4148a70e6c_o.jpg

you will need to do this in batches and this is why we set our oven to 170 before. You want to keep the already cooked pork scallops warm so put them in some tin foil and into a cooking pan and add each batch until you are done.
3475307620_6db14102b4_o.jpg

during the time you are cooking the pork scallops you need to start dicing your onion because when the last batch is done you want to put the onions into the pan that had the pork & butter.
3474496533_6a4751764b_o.jpg

You want to saute the onions until they are golden brown but while they are doing that you need to start peeling, removing the core and slicing the apple. At this time you also need to add your cider and your broth to a clean pot jsut to get it warm.
3474496561_ac7de91d0d_o.jpg

As soon as the onions are golden brown add the apples and stir to get them coated with the juices.
3474496597_6faf0676cb_o.jpg

Now re add the pork
3475307732_2cbb1706cf_o.jpg

Now add the Cider & Broth
3474496655_12b2fd8a5d_o.jpg

next we are going to add the lemon juice. This helps counter the sweetness of the cider.
3474496789_b8661ae514_o.jpg

Cover and let simmer for 35 mins.
3475308008_b6f78e6635_o.jpg

DING DING
ok time to pluck out all the Pork from the sauce and plate it. Try to keep all onion and apple chunks(or as many as you want to be picky about) in the sauce.
3474497125_05eac09ac8_o.jpg

Now add all of the sauce onion apples and all into a blender. add salt and pepper
3475308216_6fb78a6dd7_o.jpg

hit blend
3475308286_037ff2634f_o.jpg

Blend for 10-15 seconds.
Add blended sauce to a clean pot at medium heat. Start to slowly stir in the heavy whipping cream
3475308394_31544c736e_o.jpg

Plate your Artichokes as they should be nice and soft while the sauce heats up for a min.
Pour Sauce over plated Pork. Sprinkle Chopped parsley and serve.
3475308652_d7c117653a_o.jpg

3474497819_46b4df934b_o.jpg

Ok here is my first entry to the TW IRON CHEF....

Mushroom Chicken Fajita​

Ingredients
3453830592_f6b648bb9b_o.jpg

3 bell peppers (i like to use 3 different colors but sometimes the color ones are more expensive. it is ok to use 1 color pepper)
1/2 Large White Onion(my family dont dig em so much so if you like add the whole onion.)
2 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts
8 oz of white Mushrooms
Some Oil
Salt & pepper
Monterrey jack Cheese
Spices....Black Pepper, Chilli Pepper, Oregano, Cumin and Garlic Powder,(you can mess around with the ratios i never weigh anything out i just go with it. The other option is just to buy one of the Lawyres Fajita Package. I have used them and they are a good mix of spices)
1/3 cup Vegetable Broth
1/4 cup Butter
Sour Cream
Salsa

First thing is to wash your hands.
Once you got that wash your 3 Bell peppers
Then chop them and clean out all the seeds. Now there is 3 ways i like to chop my bell peppers. First is to take 1/3 of each pepper and slice them long ways but keep the slices thick. The second way is to slice the next 1/3 long ways but thinly. the last of the pepper is gonna be diced into little chunks.

For tonight's demonstration i have added all 3 chop styles to a medium sized bowl. Then i chop the Onion long ways then each arch one time in half and add to the bowl
3453830664_a5f186e587_o.jpg

next poor enough Oil into a pan just enough to coat the bottom or maybe a little splash extra and put it to medium heat and let it start warming up.

Now take your Chicken and put it in a different pan with a splash of Oil in it and set to medium heat and cover. You are gonna watch it. Flip after 5 mins and just keep an eye on the heat you don't want it to cook to fast. We don't really want a browned outside.. In the end it will brown a little but not completely
3453830728_43437c5785_o.jpg

STOP!!!!!!

This part is Important!!!!!! you need to wash your hands and any utensil you plan on still using if raw chicken touched it. So wash up
3453016879_b7bc4680d3_o.jpg

ok now we can continue.

take the bowl of peppers and onions and put them into the pan with the oil that should be heated pretty nicely now. We start the Saute of all that good stuff now so put the heat to low.
3453016947_cf9eb693d5_o.jpg

At the same time start chopping up your Mushrooms. I like to make slices. you could dice them but its not needed unless you prefer it. put in a pan with the butter and set heat to low. You are gonna want stir them often especially at first to get the butter melted and every mushroom coated with butter. This is important to watch and make sure you don't over cook them. When they are done remove them from the heat. I wont talk about them again so don't forget about your mushrooms.
3453016983_15cebb7afd_o.jpg

Good time to flip the chicken and make sure you stir your peppers and onions as well
3453017027_8a4768e639_o.jpg

Contender Chef Travace is so fast at flipping mushrooms in the air you almost cant even see him do it!!!!
3453830920_c731bee3c4_o.jpg

Ok once your peppers are nice and soft they need to be romoved from the heat. With the triple chop it is nice cause you get 3 textures of crunch out of your peppers. almost mushy, soft and a little crunchy. Of course you can always cook them to your own liking as well. Even grilling them before chopping up would be a great thing.
3453017113_d2867d9e8f_o.jpg

Also remember DO NOT rinse out the pan that was used for the peppers. Put it to the side we will use it later.

Now is a great time to start heating up your Fajita Plate. put it on the stove and turn the heat up as high as it goes. We want this bad boy to get REALLY HOT.
3453017155_ec2724b79d_o.jpg

Pretty soon your chicken should be ready. When its cooked all the way(white all the way through and NO pink) start to cut it up. You can do chunks but i like slices in my Fajita so i slice.
3453017189_3373169123_o.jpg

Take all the slices and put them into the pan that had all the peppers in it. Add Vegetable Broth stir and let simmer on low for a couple mins just to let the chicken soak it up.
3453831052_640cbfd837_o.jpg

3453831112_5791b82a06_o.jpg

Now we add our Spices to the chicken. Try to sprinkle so that it evenly coats every piece even before you stir.
3453017423_60e803f287_o.jpg

Stir and let simmer on low for another couple of mins
3453017619_7f78d7b0fe_o.jpg

next we add all the peppers and onions to the Chicken stir and let simmer for another min or so.
3453017787_d22536c82f_o.jpg

now is a great time to heat up your tortillas. I like to do them right on the stove with no pan so fire is actually contacting the tortilla. much better this way
3453831700_5a73475211_o.jpg

by now that Fajita pan should be really hot. Throw some water on it to see.
3453831892_6edf9f15e7_o.jpg

Yep thats hot enough