Recipe and Food Pics thread.

So I come home and decide it is a deer tenderloin night. So what to do :thinking:

:idea:

Have some bacon too.

So I come up with something I never tried before...

3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 of cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 chipotle power
1/4 tsp onion power
5 Tenderloins off deer harvested this year
5 strips of bacon
5 tooth picks
1 egg

So, mix all the dry ingredients in bowl. Then wrap the bacon around the deer. Use a tooth pick to hold the bacon on. I then dredge the bacon wrapped deer in the flour and the in the egg wash then back in the flour. Fry up and BAMMM :drool:
View attachment 14337
You seriously have to be the best cook i've meet

So I come home and decide it is a deer tenderloin night. So what to do :thinking:

:idea:

Have some bacon too.

So I come up with something I never tried before...

3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 of cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 chipotle power
1/4 tsp onion power
5 Tenderloins off deer harvested this year
5 strips of bacon
5 tooth picks
1 egg

So, mix all the dry ingredients in bowl. Then wrap the bacon around the deer. Use a tooth pick to hold the bacon on. I then dredge the bacon wrapped deer in the flour and the in the egg wash then back in the flour. Fry up and BAMMM :drool:
View attachment 14337
That's a hell of a way to ruin bacon...... :smirk:

Sounds/looks good! :thumb:

Made blue cheese bacon avocado burgers for the family tonight.

View attachment 13994

Here's a recipe for a burger I had at Slatters 50/50... I know of only 2 locations of this place, both out here in SoCal... the 1 I went to was in Anaheim Hills... here goes.

Side note, the name infers that they are known for 50% beef and 50% bacon. in their burgers but they have other choices...

My burger consisted of...
Meat - 50/50 (bacon/burger) Mmmmmmmm
Bun - Jalapeno (I think)
Cheese - Smoked Gouda
Condoments - Baconaise (bacon mayo)
Grilled onions
Lettuce & tomato

I think that was all.... for the burger
with a side of 50/50 fries
50% regular (seasoned) and 50% sweet potato with honey something dipping sauce for the sweet and a bacon/ketchup for the reg...

Washed it all down with 1 of the 100's of Ale's they had on tap.... ok maybe 3

:drool: Awesome........ no other burger will ever top this....

Here's a recipe for a burger I had at Slatters 50/50... I know of only 2 locations of this place, both out here in SoCal... the 1 I went to was in Anaheim Hills... here goes.

Side note, the name infers that they are known for 50% beef and 50% bacon. in their burgers but they have other choices...

My burger consisted of...
Meat - 50/50 (bacon/burger) Mmmmmmmm
Bun - Jalapeno (I think)
Cheese - Smoked Gouda
Condoments - Baconaise (bacon mayo)
Grilled onions
Lettuce & tomato

I think that was all.... for the burger
with a side of 50/50 fries
50% regular (seasoned) and 50% sweet potato with honey something dipping sauce for the sweet and a bacon/ketchup for the reg...

Washed it all down with 1 of the 100's of Ale's they had on tap.... ok maybe 3

:drool: Awesome........ no other burger will ever top this....
can you still get the Merica? its the most epic bacon burger of all time....

merica-burger.jpg

my buddy lives out there and he always raves about this place. i need to visit.

can you still get the Merica? its the most epic bacon burger of all time....

merica-burger.jpg

my buddy lives out there and he always raves about this place. i need to visit.

The places claim to fame is they offer you the ingredietns and put together whatever you want your burger to have. so I'd say yes, it does...

The burger I described was from a LOOOOOOOONG list of choices they offer. The place is awesome. What's cool about it is that they're located in the corner of a strip mall, not a standalone building liek a fast food chain place. they're a full on restaurant and bar... that happens to do great burgers...

OH, and you name your own burger... mine was (what else) "The REZONATOR...." :thumb:..... :hyper:

AND you can order from their menu if you wanted something they put together which is what the Merica burger sounds like...