Recipe and Food Pics thread.

Yum. What kind of smoker? Just got me a pellet fed Traeger.
I got the bradley smoker with the auto feeder.

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/products/electric-smokers/

bradley-original-bs611.jpg

Are these for people who aren't cool enough to smoke stuff on grills? :smirk:
No these are people who want to smoke meat for long hours in an actuall smoker, not a grill. I already have a grill and now I have a smoker. Using a grill to smoke is like taking a knife to a gun fight :prof:

No these are people who want to smoke meat for long hours in an actuall smoker, not a grill. I already have a grill and now I have a smoker. Using a grill to smoke is like taking a knife to a gun fight :prof:

We smoke our meats in grills for long hours :noidea: or maybe our grill is a smoker? :lol:

I think she meant a smoker grill.... RIGHT EM??? I have a New Brunsfeld model with the off set fire box... I would consideer that old school smoking compare to that new fangled jingamabob Jax is sportin. :smirk:

I think she meant a smoker grill.... RIGHT EM??? I have a New Brunsfeld model with the off set fire box... I would consideer that old school smoking compare to that new fangled jingamabob Jax is sportin. :smirk:
I aggree with you:thumb: if it has the box off to the side you put your pellets or chips in then that is a smoker as well. If she is talking about a regular girll that you just put one of those accessory chip holders in, then it is not a smoker. I have one of them, trust me it is not even close to what this new jingamabob box thing I now have.

Had the same one and have been smoking on it forever. However, the new pellet fed smokers run circles around the manual style, trust me.:prof:

De
Had the same one and have been smoking on it forever. However, the new pellet fed smokers run circles around the manual style, trust me.:prof:
Depends on how far you want to go when it comes to liking to BBQ. Anything automatic takes away from what you're doing. I like the part of getting up and checking the smoke box... adding the amount of flavor I feel is needed! :thumb:

De
Depends on how far you want to go when it comes to liking to BBQ. Anything automatic takes away from what you're doing. I like the part of getting up and checking the smoke box... adding the amount of flavor I feel is needed! :thumb:
Love you Rez, but after doing both, it just does not compare. The pellet smoker just burns so much cleaner and the flavor it imparts on the food is completely up to you and how you manage it (slower and more smoke) or higher and less smoke. Here is the one I have:

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/BBQ07E

I cooked on one almost daily with the restaurant for 8 months too. These new pellet smokers are so good, that there has been talk of outlawing them on the BBQ competitive circuit.