2 C semi-sweet choc chips (12 oz pkg), divided
½ C packed light brown sugar
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 C flour
½ C (or more) raspberry jam
1/3 C old-fashioned oats
½ chopped walnuts (optional)
¼ tsp salt

Beat butter with sugar until creamy. Mix in flour, oats and salt until crumbly. Press 2/3’s of this into the bottom of the prepared pan, reserving the remainder as a topping.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until light golden brown.

Put 1 C choc chips in microwave safe bowl and pour sweetened condensed milk on top. Microwave for 1 min on high; stir about 30 seconds until smooth. If still lumpy after stirring well, continue melting in 10 - 15 second intervals to avoid burning. Pour over hot crust.
Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with walnuts, if using. Scatter ¼ - ½ tsp drops of jam over this, taking care to avoid jam touching sides of pan to prevent scorching. Top with remaining 1 C chocolate chips. Press chips down lightly with flat palm of hand.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until center is set and jam is a little bubbly. Cool at least an hour before cutting. Store tightly covered.
100_0579.jpg

I got a good one for the boys.
We call it chicken-a-la-garr
1 Whole checken cut into pieces (I do the 8 cut) you can do 1/2, or 1/4
2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 cup or more Worcestershire Sauce (your liking to the flavor)
10 Mushrooms washed and sliced
4 red potato (sliced) you can do diced or chunks, whatever you like
2 large onions 1/4
2 whole garlic heads
Dutch oven
Preheat oven to 350

Mix cans of soup and Worcestershire Sauce
Place and arrange the some onions and some potato for one layer
Pour in part of the mixed liquid
Add chicken and more potato, onion, and garlic
Pour in the rest of mixed liquid and cover
Bake in oven for 1 hour plus depending on size
Plate and enjoy

I got a good one for the boys.
We call it chicken-a-la-garr
1 Whole checken cut into pieces (I do the 8 cut) you can do 1/2, or 1/4
2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 cup or more Worcestershire Sauce (your liking to the flavor)
10 Mushrooms washed and sliced
4 red potato (sliced) you can do diced or chunks, whatever you like
2 large onions 1/4
2 whole garlic heads
Dutch oven
Preheat oven to 350

Mix cans of soup and Worcestershire Sauce
Place and arrange the some onions and some potato for one layer
Pour in part of the mixed liquid
Add chicken and more potato, onion, and garlic
Pour in the rest of mixed liquid and cover
Bake in oven for 1 hour plus depending on size
Plate and enjoy
Sounds real good Palmer - just one question: Everytime I give my wife the Dutch Oven, she banishes me to the doghouse for 4 months at a time. Ofcourse, I only give her the Dutch Oven 3 times a year....:thumb:

Sounds real good Palmer - just one question: Everytime I give my wife the Dutch Oven, she banishes me to the doghouse for 4 months at a time. Ofcourse, I only give her the Dutch Oven 3 times a year....:thumb:

I would expect nothing better than this from you Nat! Major :lol:

You can get more than 3 Ovens a year if you pull the covers back and tell her that you will vent and she better take cover...then close and seal the deal! :lol: It works every time! That's what makes it funny! :smirk:

You gotta fluff it out with the leg for maximum effect! :lol:

I would expect nothing better than this from you Nat! Major :lol:

You can get more than 3 Ovens a year if you pull the covers back and tell her that you will vent and she better take cover...then close and seal the deal! :lol: It works every time! That's what makes it funny! :smirk:

You gotta fluff it out with the leg for maximum effect! :lol:

THAT is funny right there..... :lol:

Time to wake this old btch up!

I got a smoker for christmas and decided to smoke a chicken and a pork butt.

So here goes. I used gallon water, 1 1/2 cups of salt, 1/2 gallon apple juice, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar. Brought to a boil to dissolve all the ingredients. Set aside to cool. You don't want to add your meat to a hot brine as it will start to cook it while soaking.:naughty: After it cooled all the way down I covered the chicken and pork in separate containers to soak overnight. Rinse them off after soaking then rubbed them down with a sweet BBQ rub. I put them both in the smoker at 4am this morning. The chicken I put in a beer can in and the pork I made up a special BBQ sauce and injected it . The chicken is done. Now just have about 4 to 5 hours to go for the Pork butt. I will post it when done.

Here is the bird.

smoked chic.JPG

UPDATE: here is the pork butt. man it couldn't have turned any better, :drool:

pork but.JPG

So here goes. I used gallon water, 1 1/2 cups of salt, 1/2 gallon apple juice, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar. Brought to a boil to dissolve all the ingredients. Set aside to cool. You don't want to add your meat to a hot brine as it will start to cook it while soaking.:naughty: After it cooled all the way down I covered the chicken and pork in separate containers to soak overnight. Rinse them off after soaking then rubbed them down with a sweet BBQ rub. I put them both in the smoker at 4am this morning. The chicken I put in a beer can in and the pork I made up a special BBQ sauce and injected it . The chicken is done. Now just have about 4 to 5 hours to go for the Pork butt. I will post it when done.

Here is the bird.

View attachment 11198

View attachment 11201
Jax - looks badarse :thumb: Can't wait to hear how it tasted.

Here is the bird.

View attachment 11198

View attachment 11201

Wow Jax, That looks Great! :drool: Sounds like that the RM250 isnt the only smoker you will be bringing to East Coast ride this year!