Rear tire

Right now i have a Dunlop D755 thats on it's last strings... The side wall is cracked some of the knobbies have chunked off... its time for a new or newer tire.

Any of you guys have a slightly used 19" rear tire? or are you like me and use them till they just don't work anymore? :devil:

Or do you have any suggestions for a new tire? I ride in a lot of sand single and double track. also ride in just plain black dirt and occasionally hard packed clay. Any suggestions?

When I was um, underemployed I would run them until they were slicks. Now I just run them until they are really, but not almost that worn. The best way to get slightly used tires is to know some sponsored racers. Unfortunately that means 19 inch tires for the most part.

For the cheapest $/mile the Pirelli MT43 that I am running now has got to be the best for my kind of riding. For a knobby a Maxxis IT is hard to beat.

If you have the discipline, put $5 in an envelope every time you ride. Call it a tire fund.

You can give craigslist a try. Used dirt bike tires are often old there.

When I was um, underemployed I would run them until they were slicks. Now I just run them until they are really, but not almost that worn. The best way to get slightly used tires is to know some sponsored racers. Unfortunately that means 19 inch tires for the most part.

For the cheapest $/mile the Pirelli MT43 that I am running now has got to be the best for my kind of riding. For a knobby a Maxxis IT is hard to beat.

If you have the discipline, put $5 in an envelope every time you ride. Call it a tire fund.

You can give craigslist a try. Used dirt bike tires are often old there.

yeah 19's are fine i have a '96 RM250 :thumb:

Back in the 90's we were coating for Pro Circuit, and on the occasion I'd be there following a race, there would be a crap load of tires stacked at the dumpster. I think Carls advice is sound, find a MX team around you, and hit them up.:prof:

Back in the 90's we were coating for Pro Circuit, and on the occasion I'd be there following a race, there would be a crap load of tires stacked at the dumpster. I think Carls advice is sound, find a MX team around you, and hit them up.:prof:

what would be the best way to find an MX team? cuz im like 45 minutes from the nearest MX track

Any of you guys have a slightly used rear tire? or are you like me and use them till they just don't work anymore? :devil:

I wish you would have asked two months ago. I had a D756 with a fairly good amount of tread left. Definitely more than you are running now.

Or do you have any suggestions for a new tire? I ride in a lot of sand single and double track. also ride in just plain black dirt and occasionally hard packed clay. Any suggestions?

I am running a Bridgestone M604 right now. Pretty much made for hard pack. Wouldn't do you much good in sand. I am real happy with it, seems to hook up for me pretty well. Although that is not saying much, I go so slow I could run slicks and see no difference. :smirk:

I wish you would have asked two months ago. I had a D756 with a fairly good amount of tread left. Definitely more than you are running now.

I am running a Bridgestone M604 right now. Pretty much made for hard pack. Wouldn't do you much good in sand. I am real happy with it, seems to hook up for me pretty well. Although that is not saying much, I go so slow I could run slicks and see no difference. :smirk:

well... thats disappointing... cuz i really like the 756

don't feel bad I dont go fast either... I ride at like 3/8's throttle and in the trails first and second, at least on my last ride.
But you need tread to hook up at all in sand... and I dont have much, less than half inch i'd say, but thats a guess

James

Staff member
Thought I still had an old set of D756 tires somewhere and after some searching, turns out I do. :thumb:

These are 100/90-19 Dunlop D756's (rear). If the wear isn't to bad for you and you come to Middlebury to pick them up, I'll give them to you.

0a85fcde.jpg

And these are currently on the bike (obviously), but they'll be replaced shortly after I'm riding again. Also 100/90-19

2bf14eca.jpg