Husqvarna Range of piston

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! Welcome to the forum. Both of you I guess! Lets keep it on track though for the OPs sake, there are tons of other thread where you can talk in a more chat style.

Regarding the topic of this thread
A modern 4T is going to vary in top end life, but easily monitored for changes, which will let you know when to do more major maintenance.
I would say 200 hours of easy trail riding is not far fetched, but at full MX pace, they recommend a much shorter interval of probably less than 50 hours.

Regular Leakdown testing gives you the general health of the engine. Any change over time indicates end of serviceable life.
Regular valve clearance checks give an indication of expected life of the valves and valve jobs.

Legalities of on-road use of motorcycles varies wildly from state to state, country to country. There is no set answer about what you'll need to have the legal part of riding covered.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
Hey Dan I’m the OP of this thread so I dont really have a problem discussing other things but I was gonna ride the bike on asphalt and I’m not going to be pushing it all the way to the rev limiter. I’m also going to break in the bike everytime I change the piston and I’m not going to do any trail riding I’m going to go on road with it which might not be the most legal thing but oh well.

WOW! Welcome to the forum. Both of you I guess! Lets keep it on track though for the OPs sake, there are tons of other thread where you can talk in a more chat style.

Regarding the topic of this thread
A modern 4T is going to vary in top end life, but easily monitored for changes, which will let you know when to do more major maintenance.
I would say 200 hours of easy trail riding is not far fetched, but at full MX pace, they recommend a much shorter interval of probably less than 50 hours.

Regular Leakdown testing gives you the general health of the engine. Any change over time indicates end of serviceable life.
Regular valve clearance checks give an indication of expected life of the valves and valve jobs.

Legalities of on-road use of motorcycles varies wildly from state to state, country to country. There is no set answer about what you'll need to have the legal part of riding covered.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
Oh and will I need to change the air filter if I only drive it on road?

Status
Not open for further replies.