Random Videos

That is awesome however I've seen a lot of trucks get F'd up by youngsters trying to mimmick this. What they don't take into consideration is that these guys overhaul their motors after every run or at least check it out thoroughly... These kids would put chips in, whatever brand of programmers, Banks, Bully Dog, etc.... aftermarket goodies and haul ass expecting their trucks to run normal. Blown turbos, drivelines, trannies, you name it. Diesels were meant to go (like BBQ) low and slow with lots of torque for pulling not smokin the tires... Nice video though ... they were built for it! :thumb:

That is awesome however I've seen a lot of trucks get F'd up by youngsters trying to mimmick this. What they don't take into consideration is that these guys overhaul their motors after every run or at least check it out thoroughly... These kids would put chips in, whatever brand of programmers, Banks, Bully Dog, etc.... aftermarket goodies and haul ass expecting their trucks to run normal. Blown turbos, drivelines, trannies, you name it. Diesels were meant to go (like BBQ) low and slow with lots of torque for pulling not smokin the tires... Nice video though ... they were built for it! :thumb:

You sir are correct. The largest problem area's on a stock truck with a programmer etc will be the heads get blown off, transmissions get cooked, turbos get cooked, and engines damaged. You can fool your turbo on some trucks to make more boost. But with out stronger head studs you'll just blow the head off. To much hp increase and torque will wreck a stock transmission. To high exhaust gas temp will cook your turbo and your engine. If your gonna add more fuel you need to make her breathe well on the intake and exhaust this will lower your EGT and keep your turbo cooler. ARP head studs and a copper head gasket will prevent a cylinder head seperation. The only cure for the transmission is a racing type transmission with the correct stall converter. Which by the way really sucks for everyday driving and towing.

But I too am guilty of doing what you have discribed. But I did what I did in the search for better economy and better towing power. I have a K&N aircleaner with a custom made cold air intake. I made it from stuff you can get at home depot for $24 and an hour of my time. I have a smooth bore intake to from the airbox to the turbo. I have a free flow exhaust (no muffler) its kinda loud but Ive heard worse. And lastly I have a plug and play shift on the fly programmer. 25hp, 45hp, 65hp, 100hp, and 130hp. I run it on the 65hp setting mostly, and 45hp while Im towing. The 100hp, and 130hp are fun but to take full advantage of these I need bigger injectors, head stud kit, special gasket and remember how to program my waste gate on the turbo to stay close up to 40 lbs of boost. Otherwise the waste gate opens and makes a scary noise and the engine defuels because its consuming the fuel faster than the injectors can supply it. But Ive gained near an honest 4-5 mpg on the freeway empty and 2-3 mpg while towing the 5th wheel. My wife told me this truck has to last me atleast 10 years so Id better take care of it.

You sir are correct. The largest problem area's on a stock truck with a programmer etc will be the heads get blown off, transmissions get cooked, turbos get cooked, and engines damaged. You can fool your turbo on some trucks to make more boost. But with out stronger head studs you'll just blow the head off. To much hp increase and torque will wreck a stock transmission. To high exhaust gas temp will cook your turbo and your engine. If your gonna add more fuel you need to make her breathe well on the intake and exhaust this will lower your EGT and keep your turbo cooler. ARP head studs and a copper head gasket will prevent a cylinder head seperation. The only cure for the transmission is a racing type transmission with the correct stall converter. Which by the way really sucks for everyday driving and towing.

But I too am guilty of doing what you have discribed. But I did what I did in the search for better economy and better towing power. I have a K&N aircleaner with a custom made cold air intake. I made it from stuff you can get at home depot for $24 and an hour of my time. I have a smooth bore intake to from the airbox to the turbo. I have a free flow exhaust (no muffler) its kinda loud but Ive heard worse. And lastly I have a plug and play shift on the fly programmer. 25hp, 45hp, 65hp, 100hp, and 130hp. I run it on the 65hp setting mostly, and 45hp while Im towing. The 100hp, and 130hp are fun but to take full advantage of these I need bigger injectors, head stud kit, special gasket and remember how to program my waste gate on the turbo to stay close up to 40 lbs of boost. Otherwise the waste gate opens and makes a scary noise and the engine defuels because its consuming the fuel faster than the injectors can supply it. But Ive gained near an honest 4-5 mpg on the freeway empty and 2-3 mpg while towing the 5th wheel. My wife told me this truck has to last me atleast 10 years so Id better take care of it.

At least you did some homework AND knew there might be problems going in. Most of the individuals I interacted with were youngsters (early/mid 20's) talking about what they did to their diesels ($$$???...how they could afford the truck let alone "supe" it up was beyond me, then again I live in a town where there's "daddys money"). Soem of the times they would talk about what they did to their DADS truck so they could drag their 60" WW to Glamis doing 80mph. :blah: :blah: :blah: ... all BS BUT, they were my customer AND the customer is ALWAYS right. The 1 diesel I had was a 97 dully CC with the Powerstroke in it... I got a kick out of dropping the hamer while getting on the freeway and watching the "coal" smoke out the guy next to me...

That is all, carry on!

I hope she's good in bed!

:lol: As Ron White would say, you can't fix stupid.

She probably just lays there and sweat. And Nope you cant fix stupid, and alot of times being stupid is painful. It had to have been for her because is sure looked like her head was hurting.

I hope she's good in bed!

:lol: As Ron White would say, you can't fix stupid.

:shocked: ... 1) She is an idiot, keep in mind she IS of the general population living amongst us all :crazy: :doh: and 2) What a dick putting your stupid GF/wife on video like that. :argue: Once she wises up (which might take a while howeer..) he might want to startsleeping on his stomach! :eek: