Race food!

I've been camping riding for some time however there was a lull (on my side) we're getting back into it, on our 5th year. We were just talking about this yesterday mornign when we were packing up to come home after the KOH race.

When I was young and it was just my buddy and I we had cold breakfast food of some kind, donuts, sweatrolls, etc. no time to cook, too anxious to ride... dinner..something out of a can...chilli, beans, tamales ???

If we went with a group including adults (which was usually the case)...we brought the same thing for breakfast cuz we wanted to ride early...and steaks for dinner. We'd let one of the dads grill them.

Now-a-days...seems like we go to eat and do "some riding" (that's got to change) it's a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns...pancakes depending on the day.

Dinner is the BIG EVENT...tri- tip, taters in foil, grilled romane lettuce (oh yea), rib-eye steaks, grilled corn on the cob, gourmet burgers...Stuffed bacon wrapped chicken....etc. etc. etc.

:thumb:...:ride:...:moon:

I've been camping riding for some time however there was a lull (on my side) we're getting back into it, on our 5th year. We were just talking about this yesterday mornign when we were packing up to come home after the KOH race.

When I was young and it was just my buddy and I we had cold breakfast food of some kind, donuts, sweatrolls, etc. no time to cook, too anxious to ride... dinner..something out of a can...chilli, beans, tamales ???

If we went with a group including adults (which was usually the case)...we brought the same thing for breakfast cuz we wanted to ride early...and steaks for dinner. We'd let one of the dads grill them.

Now-a-days...seems like we go to eat and do "some riding" (that's got to change) it's a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns...pancakes depending on the day.

Dinner is the BIG EVENT...tri- tip, taters in foil, grilled romane lettuce (oh yea), rib-eye steaks, grilled corn on the cob, gourmet burgers...Stuffed bacon wrapped chicken....etc. etc. etc.

:thumb:...:ride:...:moon:

Love the Tri Tip! don't know what cut it is but man I couldn't eat enough tri-tip sandwiches!:thumb:

They also call you "The Butcher of Manitoba"??? :smirk:

The "Butcher of Manitoba" is on the "10 Most wanted" list in Canada but, they don't know it's me....errrrr.........they don't know who it is...errrrrrrrr....Nevermind.........James, please delete this post.......:smirk:

James

Staff member
Love the Tri Tip! don't know what cut it is but man I couldn't eat enough tri-tip sandwiches!:thumb:
:lol: When I was out there over TDay, they asked me if I'd ever had Tri-Tip. I was like WTF is that, much be a Cali thing. :noidea: It's some good stuff though. :thumb:
The "Butcher of Manitoba" is on the "10 Most wanted" list in Canada but, they don't know it's me....errrrr.........they don't know who it is...errrrrrrrr....Nevermind.........James, please delete this post.......:smirk:
:devil: The Mounties (or whatever the cops on horses are called :smirk:) have been notified.

:lol: When I was out there over TDay, they asked me if I'd ever had Tri-Tip. I was like WTF is that, much be a Cali thing. :noidea: It's some good stuff though. :thumb:

:devil: The Mounties (or whatever the cops on horses are called :smirk:) have been notified.

James: hello? do you guys have horses because you can't afford queen victorias?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You coming to this thing or what?