R.C. Nitro cars, anyone got them, kids got them?

Yeah I've seen these. RC cars are not what they used to be when i was younger. I've seen full 1/10 scale of BJ Baldwins trophy truck. Working lights, winches, Welded role cage, etc. Its freaking insane.
the guys who are into rock crawling are nutty. i have a buddy who was my BMX partner in crime and my roommate. we always said we should start riding dirtbikes back then. when i finally g a dirtbike i called him up. said he should get a bike... his response... "i always spend all my money on my RC cars" he showed me some of the rock crawlers he has... they are cool but expensive.

Battery powered airplanes for me, big and fast, they have come a long way over the years. You can fly them in a big school yard if you know what you are doing, nice and quiet. Have had many planes over the years but have not been very active for the last year or so. Nitro is a mess and noisy IMO.
You say mess and noisy like those are bad things.

My son had battery cars, and built one 'nitro' and decided to build some airplanes. I can't count how many "Cadets" he built and wrecked. Now on his second cessna and around the 2000 hour mark I guess I am glad he was just wrecking model planes.

My son had battery cars, and built one 'nitro' and decided to build some airplanes. I can't count how many "Cadets" he built and wrecked. Now on his second cessna and around the 2000 hour mark I guess I am glad he was just wrecking model planes.
Hey i was looking into taking classes to get my license. Has he gotten his yet? if so how much did it roughly cost him? I've seen it range from like 2-5 thousand.

he has had his license since he was 19. 34 now. he took that at a university up here and he got a deal on it. found a reasonably priced cessna 175 that had been converted into a tail dragger and built hours with it. (he has a 180 now). He paid for it himself so I dont know what it cost, but he has gone south to las vegas to get some ratings over time and says that would have been the cheapest way to go. do the ground school by Kings, I think he said, and then go to lv for a few days and you can probably solo and then build some hours to do your private test etc.

yeah i was going to do it here where im at, but i might move back to LA. There is a little air field that does lessons, guys were really friendly when i went asking. Even asked if i would like a free flight around since their was a guy going up right then, but i didn't have time. I've always wanted to do it since i was a kid. :focus:

I know the military now trains helicopter pilots in a real cockpit but they are flying a remote control helicopter. they are pretty sweet looking. wonder how long tell they strap guns and missiles to them. :rifle:

You say mess and noisy like those are bad things.
If you want to fly in a school yard then yes, the noise and the mess all over the ground is a bad thing and will get you kicked out of the place. I like not having to drive a long distance to a specified area to fly a plane around for an hour or so.

6 kids, yep.... Greedy for some pussy! We all raced around for some time. Brought them with us when we would go riding but now they just hang in the shop. Also have 2 helicopters, and a couple plans. But like riding Moto, I prefer to be on the ground.
You need to bring some of these toys out to the Dez sometime so we can get shit faced at night, duct tape glow sticks to the cars, and have a demolition derby.:cheers: