Pyma holeshot race report

Alright, I've been gypping on RRs so I'll do a quick one. :thumb: My mom rented a cabin for myself, my girlfriend, dad and her to spend the weekend in Pymatuning PA Sat-Sun for a race (Sunday).We packed up and headed up, when we got there we talked to this gnarley park ranger about out cabin. He told us it was unlocked so just head in and Rock and Roll :lol: It was pretty funny. We got in and found our cabin to be amazing, so nice and clean. We pulled the bike off and chained it to the front porch BK style :lol: Then we unpacked and headed out to see the spill way and find the track. The spill way is full of carp, packed fish on fish :shocked: Literally thousands in a small area. It was insane! After that we headed up and found the track, peeked around and went back to the cabin for a hike and to hang out. I figured I should add, our cabin for a whole weekend was cheaper than one night in a hotel! We booked at a good time, and it was a nice place too. Right off the lake.
We woke up at 6for early morning sign in at 8. We pulled in beside this insane looking dude with dreads and womens clothes in his 50s :lol::shocked: We talked to him and made good friends, just to find out he lives 10 minutes from our house! He said he has a girlfriend and gave us his bisnuess card as he owns his own painting company. He's been racing since 18 and is now 52 and owns 7+ bikes including a 2011 YZ450F that he had with him and a few nice kawis. He was a badass dude in all seriousness and an insanly nice guy, proud to call him a friend.
I got the track feel and come moto one the sick feel. I was dry heaving the first few laps and gave up some spots :foul: I didn't eat breakfast so that's the reason why, stomachs needs food before races. I ended up in 11/17 ish. Then I ran schoolboy and dogged it out in 4th working my way up. Sad to see I hit it and layed the bike out on the track on the last lap trying to tackle the dude in 3rd :foul: Bringing me 7/8. I was pissed and sick and not in the mood so I took a nap and came back to line up again. I placed a little better I think in both classes, but again, naps make riders dopy on the line, but I felt better at least and brought home some points from a good weekend!

If you stop crashing and keep showing up every weekend, you'll be top 3 no probs :thumb:

"We pulled the bike off and chained it to the front porch BK style"- That is why i liked that post btw. Your race report just added to it :smirk:

If you stop crashing and keep showing up every weekend, you'll be top 3 no probs :thumb:

"We pulled the bike off and chained it to the front porch BK style"- That is why i liked that post btw. Your race report just added to it :smirk:
:lol: Dude, when I chained it, first thought to mind! And thanks! :thumb:

James

Staff member
Sounds like you're getting faster (or everyone else is just getting slower :smirk:), take care of that dry heaving/nerves problem and you'll be in the top 3. :thumb:

:lol: Same here.

I bet a go pro pointed toward your face during that dry heaving would equal a ton of youtube hits!! Jk Haha
Ill prob be seeing you this year.. I've been to Malvern a couple times.. been wanting to hit this track. I hear alot of good things about it!

I bet a go pro pointed toward your face during that dry heaving would equal a ton of youtube hits!! Jk Haha
Ill prob be seeing you this year.. I've been to Malvern a couple times.. been wanting to hit this track. I hear alot of good things about it!
Boy they changed everything up this year, and it's a great track! Great people, clean, well flowing, everything abou tit is great except for the drive on our part and the fact the second class costs the same as the first. I race Malvern alot, big turnouts though, but I also like them. I'll be sure to see you around :thumb:

Boy they changed everything up this year, and it's a great track! Great people, clean, well flowing, everything abou tit is great except for the drive on our part and the fact the second class costs the same as the first. I race Malvern alot, big turnouts though, but I also like them. I'll be sure to see you around :thumb:
Malvern is a nice looking track, but I always thought the "tabletops" on the hill side seemed backwards... Flat takeoffs and steep landings.. Might just be me tho.

I'm confused which one a bit, but all I know I was there 2 weeks ago and they straightened out most everything this year. The track feels gnarley
Its been a while but, a couple turns from the start, hit a double, left turn, down a small hill, up a hill with a backwards tabletop on top, then after you come back down, right hairpin up to another backwards tabletop lol.. And I think there was another in the midst of all that... One thing thats never left my mind.. Is the last jump still a step down followed immediately by a drop off? I always wondered if it was possible to triple down the whole thing...

Its been a while but, a couple turns from the start, hit a double, left turn, down a small hill, up a hill with a backwards tabletop on top, then after you come back down, right hairpin up to another backwards tabletop lol.. And I think there was another in the midst of all that... One thing thats never left my mind.. Is the last jump still a step down followed immediately by a drop off? I always wondered if it was possible to triple down the whole thing...
Actually it got changed up alot! The finishline jump is now a step up although they still have a couple downhills it's totally different