Project "BBD"

this is project BBD, as corny as it is, it stands for big beautiful doll, you can faintly (in person) see where there was once a vinyl that read that on the sleeper box.
It is a 1974 International 4070B that my dad traded for years and years ago but never used, in high school I went through the pains of getting it running again, and then it sat for 5 more years (i was a sophmore) because the starter failed, and well, high school kids cant afford truck parts so it sat. Recently we got a unimog that needs a carrier, and the need for a heavy roll back has erupted between forklifts and other industrial equipment, so hi ho, hi ho, its off to work I go.

Today I fixed the latches and pump to raise the cab, replaced the intake boot, cleaned up the turbo charger and got it to spin freely again, later on its starter replacement time and dash rewiring time :shocked:
engine.jpg

caboverraised.jpg

cabover.jpg

enginewturbo.jpg

The first pic of that International is junk. Donate it to Mythbusters.

Now the Unimog is a different story! That is a beast!

It's crazy how that machine can go thru stuff! I paid $200 American cash to drive thru some forests and crazy roads in Costa Rica.

The Unimog is an awesome machine! We crossed rivers and the cab filled with water up to our "uncles", it was crazy fun awesome!

The Unimog is cool as hell! it is tall! (like me!) so you have a high center of gravity. Hills are challenge! Can you keep a 3 ton vehicle balanced in 4WD with all 4 wheels clawing up the hill?

Possibly one of the most exciting things I've done! Just because it was in a third world country. That made a big difference.

A $10 bill get's you great service all day! Tip the concierge $20 American, he will jump through flaming hoops to make sure you have a good day!

You have to go to Costa Rica!r

those are some big @$§ trucks! I know nothing about trucks, so ill ask no more questions hahaha :lol: but when you fix it, me and cort will gladly accept a ride through the mcdonalds drive thru if you decide to take a monster long test drive to my house:thumb: ill give you 7 bucks for gas

those are some big @$§ trucks! I know nothing about trucks, so ill ask no more questions hahaha :lol: but when you fix it, me and cort will gladly accept a ride through the mcdonalds drive thru if you decide to take a monster long test drive to my house:thumb: ill give you 7 bucks for gas
My dad took one of our other trucks, a kenworth through the drive thru at mcdonalds once upon a time, I was really little, he bought me a happy meal, it was awesome. this one to be exact.
12.jpg

My dad took one of our other trucks, a kenworth through the drive thru at mcdonalds once upon a time, I was really little, he bought me a happy meal, it was awesome. this one to be exact.
12.jpg
HAHA the looks on thereb faces would have to be the best reaction to see- ever.. just remember, you ever need some gas money, come take me to mcdonalds in this huge truck :thumb:

James

Staff member
So what exactly will this truck's job be?

HAHA the looks on thereb faces would have to be the best reaction to see- ever.. just remember, you ever need some gas money, come take me to mcdonalds in this huge truck :thumb:
Considering that he lives in Mew Mexico, you might be waiting awhile. :smirk:

So what exactly will this truck's job be?

Considering that he lives in Mew Mexico, you might be waiting awhile. :smirk:
heavy roll back, fork lifts, construction equipment, the unimog, anything we can't fit on a truck this size due to weight
284674_2152347764571_1122703852_32522160_791094_n.jpg