Outside audio

While they are made for the outside, I think that they still need protection. Leave them 100% exposed and they will not last long. Under the eaves out of the rain and direct sun they should last at least a few years.

I have some of those rock shaped kind. I got them at the local flea Market for like 50 bucks. I have had them outside through all elements snow, rain, heat and cold and not once have i covered or put them away in 4 years and they still sound good. Not sure of the brand because it was 4 years ago when I bought them but they have been well worth the money.

I have some of those rock shaped kind. I got them at the local flea Market for like 50 bucks. I have had them outside through all elements snow, rain, heat and cold and not once have i covered or put them away in 4 years and they still sound good. Not sure of the brand because it was 4 years ago when I bought them but they have been well worth the money.

Cool...I wasthinking of those...Because they'de look out of place (no other rocks in the yard) I was leaning more towards the regular speakers to mount on my patio cover...I was at the swap meet 2 weekends ago and they had a speaker that sound awesome...cordless...to about 50 feet I think but the price was ..choke, cough, choke...$700 EACH :foul:...

Cool...I wasthinking of those...Because they'de look out of place (no other rocks in the yard) I was leaning more towards the regular speakers to mount on my patio cover...I was at the swap meet 2 weekends ago and they had a speaker that sound awesome...cordless...to about 50 feet I think but the price was ..choke, cough, choke...$700 EACH :foul:...

Yeah, I have some real rocks that come really close to color and size in the flower garden right by them so they blind in really well.

Not sure what or where you plan on using these but what about marine style speakers where they are used in boats. I think such a thing exists. :thinking:

Not sure what or where you plan on using these but what about marine style speakers where they are used in boats. I think such a thing exists. :thinking:

Outside on an open patio...they will get wet when it rains...I considered them. Where do you get them at any audio shop or boat dealer or ?

Look up Kicker Speakers. They have some great sounding marine speakers. I have them in my boat and have a set that will be replacing the outside speakers on the 5th wheel