One board or two? Skiing question!

Skiiing: One or Two planks?

• I ski on two skiis!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • I ski on one board!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I wallow down the hill on my ass, regardless of one or two!!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I'm waiting for the "dead sled" to get me to the Hospital!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think the old guys do two boards and the yung'ens are pissinig me off on their bulldozers! Are you a one plank or two planker?

quite a few years ago I used to ski on two but ended up selling them, see around here it is a once or twice a year thing and still have to drive 1 1/2 hrs to ski just down a big hill. So it go boring to me. I never made it to any real ski resorts.

Buck, what is it about the snow boarders that piss you off. I mean it's just another body on the mountain occupying space and is no different than a skier. I know a skiier can be faster down the mountain but what do you care. Just go around them. I have always wondered why people get all in a tissy about people doing the same thing they are doing just on a different vehicle. It's like hating quads. It's not the quad. It's the asshats associated with it.

I myself spent years on two planks, but have now in the last couple years switched to the single plank. I'm getting older and don't need my knees blown out. Much safer on the legs on a snow board too.

It's easy to mangle yourself on both kinds, but it does seem easier to get a severe knee injury on the skis. Skiing is definitely a sport where excellent conditioning is crucial. I can rip either kind of board(s) with good style for about twenty turns, and then things start getting ragged, and less stylish. :smirk: It's awesome to see a Tahoe-local ripper destroy a burly section like it was groomed and then keep bombing it out of sight. Either sport is worth mastering, if you have the time and some King-Cash.

The motocrosser has hurt me way worse than the skis ever did, but what finally steered me away from skiing was the crowds- I'm not fond of standing in lines. These days, if I'm jonesing for some snow action, I'll bum a snowmobile from a friend, or take off on the snowshoes for a mountaintop picnic. You can keep those $100 lift tickets- I'd rather buy tires for the dirt bike!

I snowboard though not much any more, just got kinda burnt out on the whole thing. I have been wanting to try out some back country skiing. Crosscountry or snowshoe to some epic peak and go down it. Fresh pow pow and no :foul:squids.

I snowboard though not much any more, just got kinda burnt out on the whole thing. I have been wanting to try out some back country skiing. Crosscountry or snowshoe to some epic peak and go down it. Fresh pow pow and no :foul:squids.

Squids are like kids on quads...unless having taken a class, they're not given any direction on how to do it, what your'e suppose to do, to watch out for others, etc.....When I skiid I tried to stay up the hill away from that mess...:thumb:

Squids are like kids on quads...unless having taken a class, they're not given any direction on how to do it, what your'e suppose to do, to watch out for others, etc.....When I skiid I tried to stay up the hill away from that mess...:thumb:

Agreed. But its not like you can go a whole trip with out it. I usually like to go when its storming a bit, a lot less of them. :thumb:
I'm just a grump what can I say.

Agreed. But its not like you can go a whole trip with out it. I usually like to go when its storming a bit, a lot less of them. :thumb:
I'm just a grump what can I say.

My sister lived up in the mountains and I visited her evey weekend in the winter (when there was snow) so I agree, I preferred to go when it was snowing...I had a 4x4 with nsow tires got past the tire checks with not problem, up front parking, ticket lines AND no waiting in the lift lines. :banana:

Big ski addict :goofy: since age 12, remember when lift tickets were $9. :cry: I've snowboarded, but prefer two. Have no issues sharing slopes, often ski with friends who are on boards. Boardin being better on the knees, I'd say yes... but, like any sport, each has it's own risks where certain injuries seem more common to occur. With boardin... I think wrist/arm injuries and maybe injuries involving your back, are seen more so than with skiing.