One board or two? Skiing question!

Skiiing: One or Two planks?

• I ski on two skiis!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • I ski on one board!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I wallow down the hill on my ass, regardless of one or two!!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I'm waiting for the "dead sled" to get me to the Hospital!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A bunch of us went up for some messy spring skiing...it was cloudy and cold but not cold enough to make snow...there was a HUGE puddle right under the lift at take off, my buddy wasn't paying attention when it came by, I got on, he tried grabbing the bar but slipped off the seat but didn't let go. They kept yelling at him to let go but he wouldn't so they stopped the lift...about 6-10' above the ground (mud)...he finally gave in and landed "splat"..on the skiis then slipped onto his azz...he was pissed, they were pissed, I was laughing all the way up the ride!

A bunch of us went up for some messy spring skiing...it was cloudy and cold but not cold enough to make snow...there was a HUGE puddle right under the lift at take off, my buddy wasn't paying attention when it came by, I got on, he tried grabbing the bar but slipped off the seat but didn't let go. They kept yelling at him to let go but he wouldn't so they stopped the lift...about 6-10' above the ground (mud)...he finally gave in and landed "splat"..on the skiis then slipped onto his azz...he was pissed, they were pissed, I was laughing all the way up the ride!

"My Buddy".................sure Rez, sure..................:lol:

On a more serious note, did you ever get the stain off your ski pants?

:smirk: Too funny

... then the people on the lifts tap'd their edges and dropped snow on his head :devil::smirk:

It's easy to mangle yourself on both kinds, but it does seem easier to get a severe knee injury on the skis. Skiing is definitely a sport where excellent conditioning is crucial. I can rip either kind of board(s) with good style for about twenty turns, and then things start getting ragged, and less stylish. :smirk: It's awesome to see a Tahoe-local ripper destroy a burly section like it was groomed and then keep bombing it out of sight. Either sport is worth mastering, if you have the time and some King-Cash.

The motocrosser has hurt me way worse than the skis ever did, but what finally steered me away from skiing was the crowds- I'm not fond of standing in lines. These days, if I'm jonesing for some snow action, I'll bum a snowmobile from a friend, or take off on the snowshoes for a mountaintop picnic. You can keep those $100 lift tickets- I'd rather buy tires for the dirt bike!

If you really want to get away from the crowds and lines, try Skiing in Manitoba :thumb: No crowds, no lines....in fact, there is a pretty good chance you won't even see anyone else skiing here........

I ski on 2 planks! I keep it original with the skis. I hate having to have to change my line because a bunch of snowboarders have fallen on the ground or they are standing there talking in the middle of the slope! I accidentally skied off one sweet snow cliff about 15 feet when I had to dodge a snowboarder just sitting there. :moon:

If you really want to get away from the crowds and lines, try Skiing in Manitoba :thumb: No crowds, no lines....in fact, there is a pretty good chance you won't even see anyone else skiing here........

Refer to the thread of being able to watch your dog run away for 2 days....or was it 3? :lol:

James

Staff member
I ski on 2 planks! I keep it original with the skis. I hate having to have to change my line because a bunch of snowboarders have fallen on the ground or they are standing there talking in the middle of the slope! I accidentally skied off one sweet snow cliff about 15 feet when I had to dodge a snowboarder just sitting there. :moon:
:devil: I get pissed when a skier's skis go flying and I have to swerve to miss them. :rant: I could never understand why boarders are required to wear a board leash (Michigan law) and skiers aren't. I've yet to see a boarder lose their board, yet I constantly see skier's lose their skis, a little biased don't you think? :foul:

:devil: I get pissed when a skier's skis go flying and I have to swerve to miss them. :rant: I could never understand why boarders are required to wear a board leash (Michigan law) and skiers aren't. I've yet to see a boarder lose their board, yet I constantly see skier's lose their skis, a little biased don't you think? :foul:

:lol::lol: Why has that never happened to me? :smirk: They probably dont have that law for skis because of when the boot aint locked into the thing, those two prongs are stuck downward which, I guess slows it down.

I wish I could find an older video of me skiing on my land trying to hit this jump. I never could land it. :devil:

Epilogue:

I went skiing in NY last weekend at Peek n' Peak and was 5 minutes away from seeing a Sonny Bono/Ted Kennedy dude get his head blasted open and his hips split on a tree! It was a bloody mess and they just were getting the snowmobiles circled with the dead sleds and police tape up as I cruised by! Brutal! (Freind told me today that it was head fractures, (brains) and multiple broken bones)

Ugh! That being said...

Anybody ever ski DEER VALLEY in Utah? :banana: They don't allow any snowboarding. Just two boards.

The day I skied there was one of the best I've ever had! Why?

There was just a peaceful group of twin boarders going down epic slopes, without having to deal with single plankers, (most often just kids, smoking ???) SITTING STATIONARY on their butts in the middle of slopes, when you are on your game, cooking down a nice run, and have to shit yourself and do evasive maneuvers at speed to avoid combining atoms!

Boarders make too much noise when they are not sitting on their asses!

This happens out east more than west, but the result is the same: boarders are slower and clog up hills and ruin good runs for two plankers!

The best analogy would be like you riding your dirtbike with a bunch of utility quads on a supercross coarse!

Even good single plankers can't disagree with that analogy if they have eyes in their heads!:prof:

:P :noidea: