OML (One More Lap) Syndrome

James

Staff member
Well just had a buddy suffer from this and figured I'd bring it up so that maybe somebody else can learn from it. :thumb:

I'm sure most of you know what it is or can at least figure it out. It's when you're done riding for the day, but you want to do just one more lap. However that last lap always seems to cost big time, it did for me last year when I had to learn my lesson the hard way. :bonk:

Have any of you ever suffered from it?

never ever ever never ever say :bleep: ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ..............................................................:prof: or you will end up :cry: and:cripple::prof:

I would always do that "last lap" and I wouldn't quit until I was happy with how I rode each section. Unfortunately, that mostly lead to :cripple:

Well just had a buddy suffer from this and figured I'd bring it up so that maybe somebody else can learn from it. :thumb:

I'm sure most of you know what it is or can at least figure it out. It's when you're done riding for the day, but you want to do just one more lap. However that last lap always seems to cost big time, it did for me last year when I had to learn my lesson the hard way. :bonk:

Have any of you ever suffered from it?

the OML syndrome is so bad you cant even fool it.

when i was riding with PBK at the track it is getting towards the end of the day and he says im done for the day. I tell him.... " i NEVER say One More Lap, I just ride till my body tells me to stop so im going back out on the track" sure enough guess what happens next... I eat shit on the last jump which is the longest jump and i roll my ankle bust up my knee and cant ride for 3 weeks.

Yes, it's happened all my life, all around me, and the funny thing is, you'll never learn from it.:lol: From being on my 79 KX, all by myself on a Super Bowl Sunday, at what was called the "Hottest practice track in So Cal", and thinking I have time for one more before kickoff. Next thing I know, I'm home, and the game was over. I read the next day that the Raiders beat the Redskins, that was one of the first concussions.:smirk:

Even when the track days where over, and we were camping at OW for New Years in 2006. Me and my Bro didn't get to ride much, so I took him for 1 more ride. :devil: I ended up taking both bikes back to camp, and he got a seperated shoulder.

Fast forward to New Years 2008, and I roused my Bro at 5:00 AM for one more ride before we packed for home.:bonk:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7447830&postcount=1

newyears09074.jpg

And it will never end. There will always be that one more ride, I guess the key to it all, is just make it a cruise, and not a bonzai run. :ride:

The way I see it, the lap you crash on is usually the last lap you're gonna take for the day either way :smirk::noidea: Even if it's the first lap of the day, eating it (and by that I mean actually eating it not just laying it over in a turn or something) is pretty much gonna discourage you from taking any more laps. Am I the only one that looks at it that way? :noidea:

Ya I never say one more lap or loop. :naughty:
If I even think it or someone says it. I either say, the days not even half over :smirk: :thumb: or I pack up right then and there. :prof:

It is just bad juju.