OML (One More Lap) Syndrome

Yup i've got it... a long with a rednecks last words "Watch this!"

My "OML" was actually a One more jump at the dunes... ended up being 5th gear pinned 120+ feet onto my head, loaded up the bikes and hooked up the trailer without even knowing it, woke up while driving 30min away from our riding spot :bonk: My buddy said i didn't say anything after the crash until then either besides "give me the keys."

My "watch this" was in my old nissan hardbody... slid it sideways around a corner and over corrected... ended up landing on the drivers side door and just sticking it. had to crawl out the pass door to get out...lol

Everytime i'm riding on my track I always go "OKAY! I'm low on gas, this is the last lap" and by then end of that lap i repeat myself until the bike goes "Buhhhhwuuuuhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh" and dies on me.

"*PHONE CALL* Hey dad, can you bring me some more gas?"

:ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride:

James

Staff member
Everytime i'm riding on my track I always go "OKAY! I'm low on gas, this is the last lap" and by then end of that lap i repeat myself until the bike goes "Buhhhhwuuuuhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh" and dies on me.
:shocked: Isn't that like playing russian roulette? Hmmm I wonder if my bike will cut out on this double....nope ok how about this triple..... "Buhhhhwuuuuhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh"........crap....:crash: :cripple:

I've seen phsycho moto-dads push their kids for 1 more lap and have seen it end tragicly.. very sad... I learned very early about 1ML and its always lingering and it easily lures you in...

I've seen phsycho moto-dads push their kids for 1 more lap and have seen it end tragicly.. very sad... I learned very early about 1ML and its always lingering and it easily lures you in...

When you get tired, just stop. Not even worth the risk, because you WILL crash.

When you get tired, just stop. Not even worth the risk, because you WILL crash.
This is the best point made on this thread. It is not the last lap or one more ride, it is riding when you are too tired, period. I understand that a lot ot times the OML is when you are tired. But tired riding makes for sloppy riding, which makes for :crash::cripple::thumbsdown: