Old Race Pics

I think if I were to race my first one would be state side and not in baja.
there's a euro in September if you are interested. In Spangler. I am shooting for that one myself an it is a Sat and Sunday. I'll do Saturday and you only ride for an hour against your own age group. :thumb:

Thanks Travace, really your all just being nice cause all of you and I know they are nothing special. And NOTHING like the pics YOU take Travace. But they are race pics and may be my last race pics ever taken. Dont know if or when I will ever race again. Really, if any of you are into racing you really should consider this race.

i just have a cool helmet camera. if anyone of you had the same camera your race stuff would own me. ive never really wanted to race but that might change in the future as i gain more skill i guess. If i did ever enter a race i think it would be one of those hare scrambles as they actually look like a lot of fun. Motocross racing looks more like a job to me. dont get me wrong tho i enjoy riding my bike at the motocross track as its fun to go at my own pace and get some air under the tire.

there's a euro in September if you are interested. In Spangler. I am shooting for that one myself an it is a Sat and Sunday. I'll do Saturday and you only ride for an hour against your own age group. :thumb:

Post a new thread with the link and additional info. Need the dates. We will be in San Francisco weekend of 9/17.

If I did it it would be my first ever.

Except there is no other females in MY age group out there or even a class for that matter!:rolleyes:That's how freakn old I am! I'd love to race at Spangler. One of my favorite places to ride. I love going between, over and through those boulders. And so many climbs:thumb:

Except there is no other females in MY age group out there or even a class for that matter!:rolleyes:That's how freakn old I am! I'd love to race at Spangler. One of my favorite places to ride. I love going between, over and through those boulders. And so many climbs:thumb:
All women ride together. :thumb:

what is the oldest class for men and women? I want to say 35 and older for the women and 50 and over for the men? Im not sure. Havent looked in a long time. I have only raced a couple D37 events. The rest were others like Race Around the Lake & Day in the Dirt. Which had Beg, Novice, Intermed, etc for women, no age classes. The thing is...I honestly dont have many ladies my age and same bike size to compete with. It's a bummer. Racing against 20 year olds on 450's in the intermediate class, how do I compete against that? Nothing fair about it, nothing I can do about it either, it is what it is. I just got into the sport too late in life sigh....

what is the oldest class for men and women? I want to say 35 and older for the women and 50 and over for the men? Im not sure. Havent looked in a long time. I have only raced a couple D37 events. The rest were others like Race Around the Lake & Day in the Dirt. Which had Beg, Novice, Intermed, etc for women, no age classes. The thing is...I honestly dont have many ladies my age and same bike size to compete with. It's a bummer. Racing against 20 year olds on 450's in the intermediate class, how do I compete against that? Nothing fair about it, nothing I can do about it either, it is what it is. I just got into the sport too late in life sigh....
Started a Thread https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/for...-scrambles-september-11th-12th.html#post14045

You can't lose!!! :thumb:

BTW...you don't know OLD!!! :foul:

:focus: So I was at my Dad's this last Friday and Saturday in Arizona celebrating his 80th birthday:banana:. Of course once we get caught up on the normal life stuff like how are the kids, work stuff and everything else, the bench racing begins. We were in his reading room and I saw the below picture in a frame on the wall and remembered that he took that. This picture was taken at the Adelanto GP in '93. This was the famous waterhole jump and they put this big grandstand by it so people could sit and watch everybody crash. My wife has been to a handful of my events with me, but has yet to watch a GP where you can actually see the riders more than just entering the pits and leaving. So I told her to go hang out in the grandstand and she could see me come by.

So the picture was snapped a little too early, but I actually turned my head and waved at the stands to my Wife to find out later she was not even looking at me...:rant: She was probably checking out some faster dude or being hit on by the other racers in the stand....

Anyways I only have the one picture for you here today...
CDA.jpg

And yes that is a KX500 I am on.

:focus: So I was at my Dad's this last Friday and Saturday in Arizona celebrating his 80th birthday:banana:. Of course once we get caught up on the normal life stuff like how are the kids, work stuff and everything else, the bench racing begins. We were in his reading room and I saw the below picture in a frame on the wall and remembered that he took that. This picture was taken at the Adelanto GP in '93. This was the famous waterhole jump and they put this big grandstand by it so people could sit and watch everybody crash. My wife has been to a handful of my events with me, but has yet to watch a GP where you can actually see the riders more than just entering the pits and leaving. So I told her to go hang out in the grandstand and she could see me come by.

So the picture was snapped a little too early, but I actually turned my head and waved at the stands to my Wife to find out later she was not even looking at me...:rant: She was probably checking out some faster dude or being hit on by the other racers in the stand....

Anyways I only have the one picture for you here today...
CDA.jpg

And yes that is a KX500 I am on.

Was that the Team Squirrel trailer and banner in the background? :smirk: It did after all have the usual "team colors".....:lol: :lol: