Old Race Pics

CZwithsnailpipe2.jpg

:hail::hail::hail:

OK, I said I would update the thread with some new stuff, so here it is. There are a few things in here of interest to a few of you from a downhill to pastels and even a BMX tribute.

So let me set it up...I think somewhere on this forum I might of made mention that I chased the AMA National Hare & Hound Series. Well I somehow received a top ten number (not sure how that happened) so I thought I would run it the next year.

So here we are at the Checker's Check Chase National H&H. This is me (N8x) and my Pit Boss (Dad) to the right and the "master of making a desert race bike look new again" on the left.

scan0019.jpg

Here I am putting in some special "keep my bike running cool" liquid right before the banner goes up.
scan0018.jpg

Since desert events are not very spectator friendly, here I am after the first 45 mile loop coming in for a pit. Notice all the pits that are setup and it can get pretty busy if you come in with a group of riders...Notice the goggles are off and on the bars so I can swap them out with a fresh set. My crew had me in and out of the pits in 10 seconds. Gas, water, goggles and mom in my ear telling me who to focus on just ahead.
scan0017.jpg

So here we are after battling for 80, 90 or 100+ miles of Lucerne Valley Desert and right before the finish line they put this little downhill in. Sorry it is hard to see, the pit boss did not have his big lens on to capture the close up shot. But you can make me out on the hill and you see I just passed the guy behind me before this section...Does anyone know where the trail is?
scan0015.jpg

Since everybody was watching, I tried to give a little style for the crowd. Hey i never said I was a good MX guy...A little Shout Out to Travace on this pic. Do you see it?
scan0016.jpg

So I hope you are enjoying these as much as I like to share and tell my stories.

This is all for Timoyz. I heard he loves Quad tards so here you go. This was at Glen Helen and I wanted to see how the track was holding up right before the Team Race, so I grab the Pit bike and entered the quad event. Check out my style....Oh the people in the back ground were my pit crew for this event..Can you say Jungle Juice each time I came around.
scan0021.jpg

If you look close, you can see the Ice Chest rack on the back, but I did not have the cooler strapped in for this event. I tried, but the race officials caught me and made me take it off...
scan0020.jpg

You got to love that '87 Kawi Tecate 250 2 stroke...So Timoyz, when you want to Quad Up?

OK, I said I would update the thread with some new stuff, so here it is. There are a few things in here of interest to a few of you from a downhill to pastels and even a BMX tribute.

So let me set it up...I think somewhere on this forum I might of made mention that I chased the AMA National Hare & Hound Series. Well I somehow received a top ten number (not sure how that happened) so I thought I would run it the next year.

So here we are at the Checker's Check Chase National H&H. This is me (N8x) and my Pit Boss (Dad) to the right and the "master of making a desert race bike look new again" on the left.

scan0019.jpg

Here I am putting in some special "keep my bike running cool" liquid right before the banner goes up.
scan0018.jpg

Since desert events are not very spectator friendly, here I am after the first 45 mile loop coming in for a pit. Notice all the pits that are setup and it can get pretty busy if you come in with a group of riders...Notice the goggles are off and on the bars so I can swap them out with a fresh set. My crew had me in and out of the pits in 10 seconds. Gas, water, goggles and mom in my ear telling me who to focus on just ahead.
scan0017.jpg

So here we are after battling for 80, 90 or 100+ miles of Lucerne Valley Desert and right before the finish line they put this little downhill in. Sorry it is hard to see, the pit boss did not have his big lens on to capture the close up shot. But you can make me out on the hill and you see I just passed the guy behind me before this section...Does anyone know where the trail is?
scan0015.jpg

Since everybody was watching, I tried to give a little style for the crowd. Hey i never said I was a good MX guy...A little Shout Out to Travace on this pic. Do you see it?
scan0016.jpg

So I hope you are enjoying these as much as I like to share and tell my stories.

DUDE.... that downhill looks scary... and yea i see it... thats some old school... i cant really tell what it is tho...maybe a PK ripper ? im not sure.

DUDE.... that downhill looks scary... and yea i see it... thats some old school... i cant really tell what it is tho...maybe a PK ripper ? im not sure.
No Idea. I just scanned the picture and when I was looking at it, I saw it laying there and thought of you..:thumb:

CDA your stories and pictures are amazing :thumb:. I am looking forward to riding lessons this fall :prof:.
Thanks! I look forward to riding with everyone this fall. I'm sure I will learn a few things from you as well.

I would have to do my best WG imitation on the down hill:shocked:
We will have to bring WG out so he can give us lessons on his style.

This is all for Timoyz. I heard he loves Quad tards so here you go. This was at Glen Helen and I wanted to see how the track was holding up right before the Team Race, so I grab the Pit bike and entered the quad event. Check out my style....Oh the people in the back ground were my pit crew for this event..Can you say Jungle Juice each time I came around.
scan0021.jpg

If you look close, you can see the Ice Chest rack on the back, but I did not have the cooler strapped in for this event. I tried, but the race officials caught me and made me take it off...
scan0020.jpg

You got to love that '87 Kawi Tecate 250 2 stroke...So Timoyz, when you want to Quad Up?

Well, since you just took the quad out to check the track for the bike, I guess that's ok. I'm still keeping it on my list though.:smirk:

Seriously, this is some cool stuff, keep it coming. I'm a little behind on my Roosting, so I'll have to get you later.:thumb:

Thanks! I look forward to riding with everyone this fall. I'm sure I will learn a few things from you as well.

We will have to bring WG out so he can give us lessons on his style.

Well we already know you can pose for the camera while riding, so maybe on TDAY I can get some dirt nap poses of you :thinking:

Well we already know you can pose for the camera while riding, so maybe on TDAY I can get some dirt nap poses of you :thinking:
I found a dirt nap picture last night my dad caught of me. I actually have 2 and they have a couple decent stories behind them. Both GPs of course since you can't really see much out on the trail. I will see about scanning and posting those soon.

As for you catching me with your lens dirt napping..:thinking: It is possible

I found a dirt nap picture last night my dad caught of me. I actually have 2 and they have a couple decent stories behind them. Both GPs of course since you can't really see much out on the trail. I will see about scanning and posting those soon.

As for you catching me with your lens dirt napping..:thinking: It is possible

By the looks of your bike and how non scratched the plastics are I doubt it.

:confused::confused: However, maybe just maybe I could get one of the kids to knock you out of your chair and snap a pic at just the right time :thinking::smirk: