Old Race Pics

So I found some of my old pics from the days I had a little speed and I am starting my program to get back in shape before the winter kicks in so I can keep up with all you yahoos in the dez. So I thought over time I would load some on here for your pleasure and to jab at me. Anyways enjoy.

I'll start this off with my last ride in the Amateur class. It was the summer of 88 and it was 120 degrees all summer. I was riding in the open class and we had to wait until 2 and 3pm to ride. Talk about heat.

Here is a little pose before the race, does it look hot?
scan0001.jpg

Banner Drops and we are off..Check out that Squirrel Tail on the helmet..
scan0004.jpg

Little rock section and I got a little sideways..
scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

This is about 100 yards from the finish, to bad that bush was in the way. It would have made a better pic...
scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg

So like I said, it was my last ride in the Am class, I ended up 2nd overall that day 1st Am. 1 Open expert beat me. The next week, I was Expert :thumb:

Well I hope you like, I will slowly up load more pics and tell the stories if you are all interested. One day, when we are out around the fire, I can tell some sweet stories....

Well, F yeah we are interested! Duh! Please continue! Tell some stories with the pics as well! I think that's cool as hell! :thumb::ride:

Thanks Buckrun :thumb:. I will go through some more pics and scan them and post here. I will make sure I add the story to each pic. When I look at these old pictures and see what shape I was in, it keeps me motivated to get back in better shape.

Love the old school stuff, and hell ya, keep them coming.:thumb: I am also wondering where that was, my guess is Cougar Buttes.:noidea:

Since "CDA" is such a blah screen name, I think I'm going to get James to change yours, to Marvin.

Something is familiar about these photos.:P

scan0006.jpg

marvin_the_martian_jackets.jpg

Awesome Squirrel! Hey, in one of the pics your tail looks like it is one of those rocks on your helmet.

Ahhh....the good ol days....the older I get the better I was!

Love the old school stuff, and hell ya, keep them coming.:thumb: I am also wondering where that was, my guess is Cougar Buttes.:noidea:
:thumb: We did a lot of "Rides" out in that area and all over JV. I was sleeping in the back of my truck there when the Landers Earthquake hit. About a mile off the start the ground opened up and there was a huge gap that you had to either lean back and hope you cleared it or go around. At least they let us ride out there and check it out first. Most of us just pinned it and hoped for the best. I remember looking over and seeing a rear wheel next to my head and thinking "That is not suppose to be there". Some guy came up a little short and did a huge cartwheel. Lucky for me I was not taken out by his bike.......Damn, I'm telling my campfire stories already....

Since "CDA" is such a blah screen name, I think I'm going to get James to change yours, to Marvin.

Something is familiar about these photos.:P

scan0006.jpg

marvin_the_martian_jackets.jpg

:lol:...:lol:....:lol: I was going to comment on it....seriously, I was! You beat me to it......GO TEAM SQUIRREL

So I grabbed another stack of pictures this morning and will look through them and hopefully add another story tonight. I do have to take a final which is online that will take 3 hours and once you start you cannot stop, so I might not be able to post tonight. We will see. But keep the comments coming...It does keep me motivated....Now drink more water...:smirk:

James

Staff member
I think this thread has a lot of potential, "The life of an ex desert racer". :thumb:
.Damn, I'm telling my campfire stories already....
Keep em coming, Keep em coming :ride:
So I grabbed another stack of pictures this morning and will look through them and hopefully add another story tonight.
:thumb: We'll be waiting