No spark on 125

THat make of RM has a bad history of a leaking flywheel cover gasket leak. When it leaks, it lets in dirt, dust and water. This creates a dirty coating on the flywheel and stator trigger coils. Check them for rust and dirt and the clean all . Now see if you again have spark. Also check the coil mounts for rust.

Paw Paw

I took off the flywheel cover to find a decent amount of dust and what looked like metal flakes with grime all in there. It was far from clean. I tried to take off the stator cover but I couldn't

I took off the flywheel cover to find a decent amount of dust and what looked like metal flakes with grime all in there. It was far from clean. I tried to take off the stator cover but I couldn't

You had to have taken off the COVER in order to see the mess you just described. Sounds like you found the flywheel rotor though. Most just call it a flywheel. You really need the specific flywheel puller for that job. They are under 20 dollars and someone who is "green" really needs the right tool. Ruining your flywheel is really easy. Screwing up the end of the crankshaft, likewise. You can "shoot the works" and ruin the cases too!!

If you found metal shavings, you may have bigger issues. There should be none in there. If they are there you have something rubbing and most likely is caused by a bad crank bearing allowing the flywheel to make contact with the trigger coil on the stator. Most cases this will yield a dead stator. So you may be looking at a total rebuild as the cases would have to be split to replace the bearing.
I the mean time see if the flywheel moves up and down by attempting to move it by hand. If you find play the bearing is toast. If no play then you may have to only replace the stator .

Paw Paw

As I attempted to remove it tried to wiggle it free and that thing didn't move left,right,up,down. It had absolutely no play in it at all

Attempting to remove tells you little and you won't find the play unless it is absolutely terrible or you are looking for it very specifically. What works best for me is to lean over the bike from the right side and brace myself chest to seat. Lift up as hard as you can and push down as hard. Repeat. If you feel anything at all, the bearing is toast. If I found shavings in one I would find out why. As paw says etc.

Attempting to remove tells you little and you won't find the play unless it is absolutely terrible or you are looking for it very specifically. What works best for me is to lean over the bike from the right side and brace myself chest to seat. Lift up as hard as you can and push down as hard. Repeat. If you feel anything at all, the bearing is toast. If I found shavings in one I would find out why. As paw says etc.

Dial Indicator and a pry bar