250F New WR shifting rough.

Cool video man I haven't done a clutch yet so as you make more video's :banana::thumb: and it seems to me that you should check to see if there is anything blocking the flow of oil, the oil might not be getting there if ya know what i mean.:prof:

So here is a funny little story. I get my clutch put back in and I check the clutch bolts torque specs. 7.2# Crap my wrench doesn't do that low. So I run to the store and grab a torque wrench. I'm torquing them all down when I get to the last one. I'm thinking to myself man it should click any time. When SNAP! :foul::censored:*(^&*(^&%^(*^^&*(^%*&%^^&*%&*( :banghead:The freaken bolt just snapped! Shit I pulled the other bolts and removed the clutch. Started to pull the basket and all and thought maybe I can get lucky and work the rest of the bolt out. Grabbed a small screw driver and I was able to work it out.:banana::banana: Its all back together and hopefully tomorrow I can get a bolt to replace the broke one.:lame:

maybe the heat from the clutch made the bolt brittle? but that sucks man, 7.2# is almost nothing, and if you aren't paying attention you wont feel that little torque wrench click, i know when i did a little clutch work i missed the click and had to start over on the tensions

James

Staff member
maybe the heat from the clutch made the bolt brittle? but that sucks man, 7.2# is almost nothing, and if you aren't paying attention you wont feel that little torque wrench click, i know when i did a little clutch work i missed the click and had to start over on the tensions
:thumb: I've also done that, but thankfully I stopped before it was to late.

BTW Bryce what order did you go to tighten them, circle or across?

:thumb:

Were you using an in-lbs or ft-lbs wrench? For small stuff like that I generally use my in-lbs, more control. :ride:

I was using a ft-lbs. It starts at 5# but apparerntly didn't click for some reason. :foul: I couldn't find a in-lbs when I was looking. Screw torquing I'm going to just use a 1/4 ratchet and tighten them down next time.

My baby is alive! Ran the hell out if last night to get it good and hot to see if I was going to have any problems......She worked like a charm! I'm so Excited.:banana::banana::banana: