New wheels. What make?

I have an old 79 Suzuki rm125. Just started getting it back into working order. I know once I get that running and steady. Which should be this weekend. I'll want another bike. I've been looking around on Craigslist and there's a lot available. My main question is what make should I get? What's the most reliable? A 250 is big enough. I won't be racing. Its just a hobby.

RM is good, suspension stock is a bit stiff for trails, YZ is good too, they also had RMX's and WR's(2T) back in the 90's if you can find one cheap, it really doesnt matter about the condition they are totally worth it, I prefer not to go the KTM route OEM parts are still expensive, not a fan of hondas dues to inconsistencies through out the years, same with kawi's

Thanks everybody. That was helpful. What's the opinion about ktm bikes? It seems that they all seem to be good bikes but I want the best bang for my buck. I won't have use for two bikes so I'll probably be looking to trade the rm125 once I'm ready for another one. I have another small Honda 4t that my wife can ride as well. I haven't started working on that yet.

Thanks everybody. That was helpful. What's the opinion about ktm bikes? It seems that they all seem to be good bikes but I want the best bang for my buck. I won't have use for two bikes so I'll probably be looking to trade the rm125 once I'm ready for another one. I have another small Honda 4t that my wife can ride as well. I haven't started working on that yet.
KTM is sweet :)

almost traded my rm125 for a 93 Honda cr125. Almost...
wasn't that was mcgraths favorite bike for years? I think I remember him racing a 93 for a few years, just changing the graphics and stuff and most people never noticed. when they completely redesigned the bikes.. he left Honda haha

:shocked: wasn't expecting a post like that from you, but you seem to have expanded your mind a bit. :clap:
exploding Suzuki's? Where?

Think he must be referring to my stock 01 that finally let go in fall after 10 years on the motor, I can't believe it either??? :cry: Who would of thought that a 2stroke 250 RM wouldn't last at least 11 years on factory bearing's :noidea: