New Truck Tires

I have been doing some research on new tires for my truck and was wondering what tires (brand)would you get and what tires would you not get and why. Any feed back would be appreciated.

What type of truck do you have?
What type of driving do you do?
What do you want to spend?
What do you expect from the tire?

Truck - Like with me, I have a 2500 HD 4x4
Driving - Most of my fdriving is on pavement so buying a nice offroad tire is stupid... the amount of time I spend off road they work just fine.
Cost - I couldn't afford a "brand name" like Good Year, Michelen, Goodrich, etc. so I went wioth the best rated "off brand" suggested by my sons shop. So far pretty sure I've put on close to if not 40k+... they are showing an odd wear pattern (rear) but that's the truck, not the tire.
Expectations - Something that would hold up even though they were "inexpensive" (not to be confused with "cheap")

The tire I have is the Yokahama Geolandar... it was the tire that had the most aggresive tread yet was not considered an offroad tire... no hum, not vibration, good tracfvtion when wet, turning, etc.

I've had brand names before and haven't proven any better than this. Just sayin...

Good Luck

I have a GMC 1500 4x4, I drive mostly all freeway miles. I'm looking for a good highway tire that is quiet. The ones that came with the truck are very noisy and I'm having some odd wear as well. So the plan is to get a front end alignment and new tires.

I have a GMC 1500 4x4, I drive mostly all freeway miles. I'm looking for a good highway tire that is quiet. The ones that came with the truck are very noisy and I'm having some odd wear as well. So the plan is to get a front end alignment and new tires.

Don';t know what you want to spend but I got the least expensive, truck tire they had... I know Yokahama's a brand however not ranked up ther with the big companies like GY, GR and the rest.

These are quiet, have worn evenly except for the recent wear showing ion the rear... you'd swear it was due to camber but all's good...

You have seen my truck and I have Goodyear A/Ts on there. I don't drive my truck that much (pulled it out and have been driving it all this week), so I went with a more off-road tire for when I am off-road (where most the time the truck is). I am on my 2nd set and only have 49,800 miles on the truck, so you can see my mileage is low on the wear. I had a more aggressive mud tire on before the ones I have now, but they did not work very well in the snow.

Sweeper - I would go with a multipurpose tire as you tow your trailer and you will want a tire that will not spin or allow you to get stuck when in the dirt.

Michelin LTX M/S I think they are LTX-2 now. Best tire I have ever ran on my LC and she is heavier than a Suburban.
Rotation is key to keeping the wear right. I do the X pattern. This day and age tires, if not directional, it's the only way to go.

I had a set of Kumho KL78's on my 4x4 f150. Lasted over 60,000 miles which are the longest lasting tires I have ever owned. I liked them so I got another set when I found an awesome deal. It's an AT tire so it's not the quietest.

Tire rack is a great resource to see what people think about a particular line of tires.

This is a KL78.
ku_rd_vnt_at_kl78_owl_ci2_l.jpg

Surprisingly they are not that load. I can run around with the windows done and you get more wind noise than tire noise.

I had them on my grand Cherokee and on my wagoneer. They are great in sand and decent in mud, but a far cry from what the op is looking for.

I had them on my grand Cherokee and on my wagoneer. They are great in sand and decent in mud, but a far cry from what the op is looking for.
Yeah wasn't saying for the OP to purchase these, just saying they are not that noisy.

The OP couldn't find the right set of tires so he just bought a new truck. :smirk: