New Ride

I wasen't even gonna rag on you for the v6 because even that motor has some power in those cars, but i can't let the automatic slide. Thats just un-american :naughty:

I love manuals, but unless I am driving for performance, I don't wanna have to drive stick early in the morning when I am half asleep :smirk:

you have to order it.

sssshhh

If I didn't commute in bumper to bumper traffic I'd consider a manual since they pull better than an auto... but now with the increased gears being slapped into the autos on the dweezles that might have gone the way of the Edsel...

+1

Not to mention the adaptive cruise control in some of the modern cars. If a car slows down in front of you your car slows down as well. Not really possible with a manual.

http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/features/#page=Feature16

My car is not that fancy now! :lol:

Cars that drive themselves sounds extremely boring.

I would never trust a car to drive me...

James

Staff member
You just quoted someone that drives as part of his job
That wasn't meant specifically towards you.

You have a lot of stops/jobs that break up the monotony though right? I'm talking about driving down an interstate for 4 hours straight, that gets pretty boring (IMO). :bonk:

That wasn't meant specifically towards you.

You have a lot of stops/jobs that break up the monotony though right? I'm talking about driving down an interstate for 4 hours straight, that gets pretty boring (IMO). :bonk:
I do quite a bit of both, Fixing to do a good ol 6 hour one way drive tomorrow.

I actually enjoy driving :)

If I'm with someone and occupied talking or whatever, I'm good to go but the minute they fall asleep or if I'm alone I can only last a short period then I get bored... then again, I don't do a lot of long haul driving so who knows.

Last edited:

James

Staff member
If ZI'm with someone and occupied talking or whatever, I'm good to go but the minute they fall asleep or if I'm alone I can only last a short period then I get bored... then again, I don't do a lot of long haul driving so who knows.
That's my problem, 95% of these trips are solo, the ADD tends to go into overdrive... :bonk:

I love manuals, but unless I am driving for performance, I don't wanna have to drive stick early in the morning when I am half asleep :smirk:

sssshhh

+1

My car is not that fancy now! :lol:

I would never trust a car to drive me...

If this post were manual you would have shifted into 5th.