New Ride

That is the same power plant I have in my CTS Coupe and believe me it is all that you need. That package will run circles around any of the older muscle cars and get 18 to 28 mpg in the process. I looked at the CTS V at 550HP but like you I thought WTF do I need that for except to get crappy mileage and get in trouble. Nice looking car you got. :thumb:

That is the same power plant I have in my CTS Coupe and believe me it is all that you need. That package will run circles around any of the older muscle cars and get 18 to 28 mpg in the process. I looked at the CTS V at 550HP but like you I thought WTF do I need that for except to get crappy mileage and get in trouble. Nice looking car you got. :thumb:

Thanks! :hug:

I test drove a 2014 SS and I feel in love, but told her I had to go for her cheaper sister!

Cheap sisters need love too.

Still not the same Dave... like you comparing your Goldwing to your Harley... You don't get a Harley because you want a big bike, you get a Harley to HAVE A HARLEY regardless of the ride/comfort...

I too checked out the CTS V... if it wasn't for the price we'd have considered it... same as with the Lexus ISF... not the 250 or 350... the IS"F" which has a HO V8 in it that can reach (as I was told) clsoe to 200mph... can you say HOT ROD in Japanese???

PS: I drove both the CTS turbo (4 banger POS) and the CTS V6... not impressed with either of them "especially" the turbo... yeah baby check out my CADDY with the sewing machine in it... MEH. Might go fast (not haul ass) but (to me) gives the wrong impression of a Caddy.

As for running circles around the older muscle cars... I'm willing to differ with you on that. "IF" it does it is because of the wieght difference... sure isn't the power...

Still not the same Dave... like you comparing your Goldwing to your Harley... You don't get a Harley because you want a big bike, you get a Harley to HAVE A HARLEY regardless of the ride/comfort...

I too checked out the CTS V... if it wasn't for the price we'd have considered it... same as with the Lexus ISF... not the 250 or 350... the IS"F" which has a HO V8 in it that can reach (as I was told) clsoe to 200mph... can you say HOT ROD in Japanese???

PS: I drove both the CTS turbo (4 banger POS) and the CTS V6... not impressed with either of them "especially" the turbo... yeah baby check out my CADDY with the sewing machine in it... MEH. Might go fast (not haul ass) but (to me) gives the wrong impression of a Caddy.

As for running circles around the older muscle cars... I'm willing to differ with you on that. "IF" it does it is because of the wieght difference... sure isn't the power...
I've got several placards from a 50th anniversary mustang show the local dealership put up. They've got all the milestone mustangs listed.
Just an example

1970 Boss 302

Weight: 3228lb

302 w/ 4 barrel
290 hp
290 lb/ft torque

2015 Mustang GT
Weight: 3700 lbs

5.0 DOHC V8
420 hp
390 LB/FT torque

The boss would get its ass kicked.

When I say circles I am speaking of handling as well and my car sticks like glue, better than a 69 Road Runner could do with the 383 or 440. But, I do know what you mean and I have to agree with you. I still get much better gas mileage too. :smirk: It is kind of like the new Vettes and CTS V cars, they have shit loads of horsepower but they all sound like a sewing machine. Technology at work.

I wasen't even gonna rag on you for the v6 because even that motor has some power in those cars, but i can't let the automatic slide. Thats just un-american :naughty:
Actually, As sad as it sounds. It is merican.

Merica is lazy. And Modern automatics out perform manuals. Its hard to find a manual transmission in a truck anymore.

If I didn't commute in bumper to bumper traffic I'd consider a manual since they pull better than an auto... but now with the increased gears being slapped into the autos on the dweezles that might have gone the way of the Edsel...

If I didn't commute in bumper to bumper traffic I'd consider a manual since they pull better than an auto... but now with the increased gears being slapped into the autos on the dweezles that might have gone the way of the Edsel...

Yep, Auto's are rated for more weight, now a days.

James

Staff member
Not to mention the adaptive cruise control in some of the modern cars. If a car slows down in front of you your car slows down as well. Not really possible with a manual.

http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/features/#page=Feature16