New guy..... with a big project

Hey everyone, my name is Jake and I'm from Yuba City CA. I'm 16 and have a love for motors and loud stereos. I recently picked up a 93 RM250 and the first time I rode the bike I seized the lower rod bearing. I already have the case split and the crank at a trusted shop being rebuilt. You can definitely count on me asking a few questions, as well as starting a thread keeping people posted with my progress.
Welcome Jake! :cheers: Just throwing this out there but, by chance, are you one of the "Fabulous Boucher Brothers"? They're the hottest wrestling act in Canada since "Haystack Calhoun" teamed up with "Scrap-Iron Kanesky".

Thanks! If it's half as good as bobkyles thread I'll be happy
389-Impossibru.jpg

Yeah fat chance hah. Just got back from camping and my main pump seal on my explorers tranny went out. Transmission only has 40000 miles.... pisses me off

Hey man welcome, check out my yz426 build page, I'll be updating soon as I'm rebuilding her again, this time nothing left out.

Feel free to ask any questions! :)

Some parts showed up. I'm going to end up with 3 sets of crank seals lol. Hotrods, Moose, and OEM. I figure OEM has held up this long so why not use them again. When putting my cylinder head back on, should I use anything to help the O-ring seal? RTV silicone, liquid gasket material, duct tape?

Attachments

• 20140707_171426.jpg
    20140707_171426.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 4

SRAD97750

Staff member
I love new parts in the mail... :drool:

When putting my cylinder head back on, should I use anything to help the O-ring seal? RTV silicone, liquid gasket material, duct tape?
With new orings, I like to apply an extemely light coat of Dow corning 4 (DC4) or parkerlube to the oring itself. I suppose, Vaseline or a light grease are good alternatives as well.
This helps them stay in place while fitting, and allows the seal to move into perfect position when tightening the flanges. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Last edited: