New guy..... with a big project

Hey everyone, my name is Jake and I'm from Yuba City CA. I'm 16 and have a love for motors and loud stereos. I recently picked up a 93 RM250 and the first time I rode the bike I seized the lower rod bearing. I already have the case split and the crank at a trusted shop being rebuilt. You can definitely count on me asking a few questions, as well as starting a thread keeping people posted with my progress.

welcome and you should be right at home with all the SJ Valley sorts you will find here. Yuba City used to have some great riding and probably still does. If you plan on doing trail riding with your rm, there is an easy way to change gear ratios by swapping to some RMX transmission parts fyi. as I recall the 4 th and 5th gear swap is the easiest and cheapest.

I think I'll leave the gears alone, Thanks for the idea though. My right fork is in desperate need of a new seal and oil. I figure do them both anyway. Can someone point me in the right direction for some instructions? I've never dealt with forks before.

I think I'll leave the gears alone, Thanks for good though. My right fork is in desperate need of a new seal and oil. I figure do them both anyway. Can someone point me in the right direction for some instructions? I've never dealt with forks before.
Forks are real easy. If you go to rockymountainatvmc and find the seals for your bike they have good instrucritionals. Put new bushings in too. OEM on everything preferably

Sweet thanks, how about spokes? I'm assuming there is some way to true the wheel correctly. My rear wheel is missing a couple and I want to get a full kit so they will all look good and new. Also makes it much easier to clean up my rear wheel. I'm going to go through the whole bike and repack bearings, lube suspension points, pivot bolt, steering stem, etc. My old plastics are very rough, I would like to buy all new ones. Anyone have some used in good shape.... or know where to buy some for a good price? Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming and valuable information!

Oh yeah! I doubt this 93ish build thread will be as good as 94ish but I'm ready for it :smirk:

Welcome! I think you're gonna fit right in around here