New guy looking for bike advice

What makes you think that from the pics? Thanks
Because its dirty, looks a bit tired and unloved!
If it was all that the guy would have at least cleaned it before the ad pic was taken not to mention the missing front sprocket guard and case saver, this has quite likely damaged on the casing from a big bundle of chain!

gary, "palmerone" would be a good guy to start with and is in socal. he seems to watch for them all the time.

Keep an eye out in your area for one. I just picked up an 02 I will be restoring to "like new". My bikes range 2,000 to 3,400.

EDIT: why did I quote Andy and not the other guy?

Age?

Last edited:
I'm partial to RM's but I think either of the YZ's would be a be the better choice for you simply because the RM while it can be ridden effectively on trails and woods rides, it's really a track bike, where the blue bikes are just as happy on the trail as the track. But I will say this, you get the RM and learn how to ride that on woods and tight trails, i believe in time it would make you a better rider.

2013 is a 3k bike. Been ridden hard and put away wet.
The 06 is a great lookin bike and well maintained. I would say 2800 for that one.
The RM is spot on with price and also very clean. For woods the 03's hit is violent for awesome blasts of power when blowing out of a corner and heading for the big big double. It can be tamed for a couple of hundred bucks though.

Bikes are a lot less expensive here in tx, and I have never heard of this registry issue for an off-road machine. I suppose it's a Yankee thing? I'm staying here where dirtbikes is cheap and their titles is only good for trophy cases. I just sold my '04YZ250 for $1,800 with 37hrs on bottom/top. First two who came to test ride got scared by the hit and said they need somehing "less fast".. puss

Last edited:
Bikes are a lot less expensive here in tx, and I have never heard of this registry issue for an off-road machine. I suppose it's a Yankee thing? I'm staying here where dirtbikes is cheap and their titles is only good for trophy cases. I just sold my '04YZ250 for $1,800 with 37hrs on bottom/top. First two who came to test ride got scared by the hit and said they need somehing "less fast".. puss

guys who think those hit too hard need side by sides. if you had a 14 and a 46 rear sprocket on it and he said he didn't need to top out that fast I could see it.

Mine was geared stock. the guy said he knew how to ride and the last bike he rode was a couple years ago and it was a 350. I'm thinking kTm.. nope an 80's model xt350 and it was 10 years ago! Skaredy pants off him ha ha.
Also, a guy who came to look at my yz450f said he rode his buddies crf450r and liked big power but thought mine was too much and seemed surprised by the torque! And it had a tooth dropped off the rear and still would stand up without even trying.
Personally I thought it was a little much myself ha ha thats why I sold it :) but I'm more of a woods rider these days.