Nevada is going Commie

I just learned today the Nevada is following suite with Komifornia on requiring the registration of OHV bikes Quads etc. WTF!!!!!!!! Im thinking Im going to procrastinate untill some body (law enforcement type) tries to catch me. Then Im going to claim ignorance. What is California sticking you guys for to register your bikes now a days.

My other question is ALOT of used bikes sold here in Nevada do not have titles. I know that the first few bikes Ive ever had never had one. Then when i bought my 92 RM250 it came with a title. So I took it to DMV to get the name change over to mine. The lady behind the counter looked at me like I had three heads and said we dont do that for dirt bikes especially as old as this one is. So I purchased a new bike just today and fortunately it came with a title. Thats how I came to know about this whole OHV registration thing.

Im curious how they are gonna work things for the bike owners that have bikes but no titles?

I don't own OHV's. I have several street bikes, but the uninformed would think that two are dirt bikes. Costs more like $80/yr instead of the $26/yr that an OHV costs here. The extra access of a plated dirt bike is worth it for me.

The entire reason that your state wants to register OHV's is the $$$ and the $$$ only. They want your $$$ so I'm sure that you will be able to title and register your bikes.

It's hardly just California. Several states register OHV's.

WE DON'T HAVE TO!! thank gawd!! But like everything including the weather, stupid shit starts in the west and blows east. Not sure why someone along the way doesn't stop it before it gets this far east :smirk:

So the million dollar question is,,, what bike did you bike smoke??

I just learned today the Nevada is following suite with Komifornia on requiring the registration of OHV bikes Quads etc. WTF!!!!!!!! Im thinking Im going to procrastinate untill some body (law enforcement type) tries to catch me. Then Im going to claim ignorance. What is California sticking you guys for to register your bikes now a days.

My other question is ALOT of used bikes sold here in Nevada do not have titles. I know that the first few bikes Ive ever had never had one. Then when i bought my 92 RM250 it came with a title. So I took it to DMV to get the name change over to mine. The lady behind the counter looked at me like I had three heads and said we dont do that for dirt bikes especially as old as this one is. So I purchased a new bike just today and fortunately it came with a title. Thats how I came to know about this whole OHV registration thing.

Im curious how they are gonna work things for the bike owners that have bikes but no titles?

you guys are screwed like we are, you see you have harry reid to thank,we have boxer,feinstein,and pelosi to thank.

you guys are screwed like we are, you see you have harry reid to thank,we have boxer,feinstein,and pelosi to thank.

While I am no fan of the named persons, they have nothing to do with state registration of vehicles. Aim your disdain at your state capitol.

got the same law in new mexico, I have never registered or insured a bike nor have I ever been asked for papers, have titles for the both of them, thats it :noidea:

I guess thats not to bad. The law doesnt go into affect for riders that already have bikes or older bikes untill next year. However if you purchase a NEW bike from say a dealership the get you right then and there.

kinda funny i just found this thread cuz i just found out about this today while i was gettin some bent stuff. i was told its 50 bucks for the first year then 20buck for every year after that, and there trying to close down pine nut as well What is this state coming to!! we need to burn las vegas down and get all the commies out!!