Need Your Help Deciding

I was gunna go with a ranger? If I were to get a truck

Rangers are nice little trucks...although I'm a chevy guy and recommend them over any other brand of trucks. As my bro says...their King of trucks lol. You can get a Chevy S10 for about $2000 more or less depending on condition, area etc.. I had a 4 cylinder manual transmission 98' Chevy S10 for over 6 years and put almost 100K miles on it. I feel bad to admit but I neglected doing scheduled maintenance on it the entire time. Gave it a couple oil changes through the years but that was it. Only fixed things if they went out (which wasn't often). But heck, I was young and freshly new to the driving world so you can't blame me. Point is, I drove that thing like a race car. Red line shifts, hard braked turns and constant clutching were the normal in that thing. The engine or clutch never gave me an issue and were never replaced. Started every time like a champ and took me to my 45 mile commute daily with out worries. Then took me on desert trips on the weekends to ride. Plus it got almost 25mpg!

I wont lie though, I did have a couple expensive fixes on it (rear differential went out due to a couple T/C's off roading :smirk: and gf's burned the starter trying to teach her to drive stick shift :doh:) but other than that, it was golden.

Tacoma's are nice reliable truck as well...BUT their resale value is insane, so prepare to pay big $ if you go that route.

My sister drove the chit out of her 97 camry through highschool and college, when she sold it, it had 210k+ on the original transmission and she drag raced off the red lights and got amazing gas mileage. Always wanted her car but my dad sold it because it would need a transmission soon and it wasn't worth it, being that it had been in two accidents. I'm getting 13mpg in my Jeep. NOT FUN. Get a 4 cylinder... Only reason I'm driving a gas hog is because I got it for free! If I had 1500 to buy a car I'd be looking at little 4 cylinder mini trucks and jap cars.

get a small pos old car or small truck. You already have somehting to haul the bikes and your first car is going to be destryoed by you, friends, and anything you wreck into. And like james said NEVER drain your account. Plates in ohio are 70$ plus insurance on my 96 ranger is 80$ a month and then add gas...its alot. Also stay away from anything 4wd as your first unless you want to be tempted to do stupid things and then pay more for repairs. Just my 2cents, but as a fellow teen and seeing the misktakes of others i seem to think its decent :smirk:

+1 I made fun of every teen who got into car accidents....JINXED MYSELF, got into one 4 months after I got my license. Although it wasn't my fault, IT STILL HAPPENED. Don't want to dump your money into something that's gonna get thrashed.

My first car was an 87 Taurus my father drug home from the junkyard. My second was an 89 wrangler, that my dad drug home from the junkyard.